You are here

DH tells me "some people just shouldn't be parents"

StepDoormat's picture

Today, we sat next to a couple of kids in a restaurant that were complete terrors. The parents sucked.

DH looks at me and says: "Some people just shouldn't be parents".

I almost choked. DH - just because your kids aren't toddlers who throw tantrums in restaurants... your kids are manipulative, nasty, lying, unintelligent brats. They get bad grades, don't leave the couch unless it's to get on the computer, and don't have any interests outside of "hanging out" or taking selfies to post in Instagram. They are not children to be proud of.

Yeah... some people shouldn't be parents. Like YOU and BM! Here's a mirror... I think you need to take a look. Wow.

I didn't say a word. Just stared. He changed the subject really quick.

bi's picture

exactly. there are times when bs5 looks like a complete and utter asshole. i'm not a bad mom. i'm the mom of an autistic child who does not know how to tell me that he is frustrated, so he acts out. people are so quick to judge without knowing a damn thing about what is going on. toddlers act up sometimes. it doesn't mean their parents suck. like this guys kids never acted up in public? please. (eye roll)

Anon2009's picture

I would have said, "DH, do you mean you and bm?" I'm all for telling lousy bioparents off. I don't know how you were able to not say that to him.

oldone's picture

That exact statement "you mean you and bm" would have just popped out of my mouth before my brain had time to censor it.

But I've already told DH multiple times how I thought he and BM were just horrible parents. Proof is in the pudding. Both of thier sons turned out to be utterly worthless human beings.

krazykaty's picture

DH has no problems pointing out when BM screws up, but gets super upset if I so much as hint that he's not a perfect parent. I bite my tounge when it comes to SD. SS is a really good kid. SD on the other hand.....I could write a book. She's only 8....definitely not a toddler, but I'm not sure how much hope there is for her to turn out to a productive member of society.