You are here

Of COURSE he is doing a 180

StepDoormat's picture

DH has three skids... the OSD can't ever seem to do anything wrong - even when she is a horrible bratty bitch right in front of our faces. Even when DH has written proof how nasty she is. She has visited with us exactly 4 times during all of 2012. Twice were to collect gifts.

This past week, he finally told her off. He told her that he's disappointed in the person she has become: deceitful, bad grades, sneaky, mean, creating drama for anyone she doesn't like. He actually called her a bully. And, she IS a bully! To me, to her classmates... its horrible.

She hasn't issued a single response to him.

Anyways... I was just looking at DH's phone. NOW, we KNOW that she wouldn't respond quickly like "Oh, wow! Dad, you're soooo right! Gosh, thanks for forcing me to take a look at myself and make some changes! You are SOOO smart!"

But, what does DH text her? "Hey, sweetie. I haven't heard from you in so long. I miss you so much and wondering if something is wrong?"

OMG! If I were OSD, I would be like WTF?! Two days ago he tells me off and now he's all "sweetie" and "miss you"... duh - this is why these kids walk all over us and he can never make it better!!!

Wow.

Anon2009's picture

"Anyways... I was just looking at DH's phone. NOW, we KNOW that she wouldn't respond quickly like "Oh, wow! Dad, you're soooo right! Gosh, thanks for forcing me to take a look at myself and make some changes! You are SOOO smart!"

She's a teenager (if I'm not mistaken) and probably won't even think that until she's an adult.

He probably does miss his daughter. Who wouldn't? Maybe he misses the person she was until pas started to kick in. But the thing with these kids who deal with pas is that you have to sometimes give them space and time and let them reach out to you on THEIR time. So many dads need to realize that.

StepDoormat's picture

Oh, no... I agree. I KNEW she wouldnt respond to him. I guess my point was just: why the heck is DH texting her days later saying "hey, i haven't talked to you". Of COURSE you haven't - and you haven't in the past year either.

Ugh. I hate that he keeps making himself look like a weak asshole to his kids and BM. I'm sure they're getting a good laugh out of his email.

And, yes. Of course he misses her. I expect him too..