You are here

Day Drinking and Scalding Hot Baths

bean soup with rice's picture

I lurk on here and dont post...but I need to vent again I guess.  BM recently got a car and can finally provide half transportation for visitations after 8 years.   She doesnt have physical custody and gives 2 sharts about skids medical or education but since she has a car now she wants the kids all the time BUT only when its something she wants to do with them. You know none of that silly parenting stuff.   They have a pretty solid mediation plan so she doesnt get what she wants but manipulates the teen skids and we have all kinds of trouble some days.  I have 2 bks of my own so we are pretty busy already to deal with all the extra crap. 

There is court coming up because 2 weeks in to having her car she took skid outside of custody agreement and didnt tell the grandparents who were providing care while we were out of town. Talked skid into sneaking out so she could give him a ride down town to hang with a friend..dad had already told him no since we didnt know the kid. He lied and said he was going for a walk and vanished.  He was returned mysteriously 3 hours later.   It all came out when skid got grounded.  Uhh your kid needs his parent not a friend...  anyhow....I guess BM is Queen of Sheeba now since she got wheels.  Awesome. Welcome to adulting. People drive cars. Get over yourself. 

JRI's picture

My SD's ex#1, "J" has custody of one of the gkids.  Long story but there was a period when he didn't trust SD or the child's mother, "C" when they had visitation with the child.  He didn't trust either when they said where they were going.  So he put a GPS tracker on the child's car seat!   He also did random drug tests!

All I could think was Yay, J!  If anybody new how sneaky SD is, it's her ex.

Maybe you can adapt his ideas.

bean soup with rice's picture

DH can request BM to test and only requests when she is acting outta her mind then she leaves us alone.  Funny fact: never has tested when requested once.  That was going to be brought up in court also...

Rags's picture

of conseqeunces.

Bring it up. 

We did.  Arrest records, taking SS to parties where people gave him whiskey to try to get him to stop crying, etc, etc, etc... DW was at work. The Dipshitiot was trying to use the baby to pick up his next underage womb donor.

The Judge did shred him for it, though no consequences where applied.  We did enjoy the entire SpermClan squirming as the Judge read the Spermidiot the riot act for his crap just before issueing the CO.

As SS grew up, we made sure he had the facts, in an age appropriate manner.  He was able to use them to protect himself from their shit as he grew up and into his adult life as well. Shit people rarely stop being shit people. Good people should protect themselves from the shit. Whatever it takes.