You are here

Day Care Reciepts

Blaze's picture

Hi All, I have been reading everyones stories now for quite a few months and they have brought so much comfort to me. Glad :sick: to know we all share the same experiences and have a place to go. Here is my situation: my Dh has visitation w/ sd11 & sd9 th-fr ew and th-sun every other weekend. He shares 50/50 in child care expensese (even though we only use her for thursday after school and friday drop off( pick up eow). Anyway, she is very good friends w/ Bitchy (bm) and we think she has been pulling some sort of scam w/ the day care money. Dh pays 600 a month and it is taken from his check. He recieved the year end tax form ( and I use the term loosly) from the provider yesterday. It had her company name typed all sloppy, no tax id info, and not signed. In the middle of the paper it had "2011 payments $xxxx for dd9". Now, this was very fishy to me. 1st why is she singling our dd9 when expenses are for both girls ( he claims sd9 on his taxes but how would she know). 2nd, the amount she stated if you divide by 12 is 300 per month higher than what he has been paying AND what the monthly reciepts show. Now for the record, since the money was coming out of his check he/I was not keeping very good track of the reciepts. Only when I noticed that the amount was 300 more on some months did i go back and hunt them down. I was able to find 6 months of reciepts and there is no way she could be right. When he asked her about a few months ago she gave some excuse about the months and the days something or other that didnt jive but he didnt push it because it was raining and heck he is a man and didnt want to rock the boat. We believe that Bitchy is gearing up to hit him up w/ more child care expenses since he went back to court and is requesting what amouts to 50/50 custody. I guess my questions is what can we do about "breaking" him from having to give her money for child care. Why does it have to be 50/50 anyway since he doesnt use it 50% of the time. I told him that if it come up to go to court and ask the judge to release him to either find his own provider or to say he does not agree w/ the provider they are using ( they have to agree on certain things per the court order) would that work you think? I drop the girls off in a few and I am going to give her back the reciept and tell her that her numbers dont jive and she needs to give a new reciept w/ the total amount paid for the year as well as signing it. I will be nice but firm. I am only going to be the messenger, any thing she has to say she knows to call DH on.

Blaze's picture

No, the day care lady is trying to pull a fast one W/bm. btw, did not give her the recipt back. dh will take care of it. dh has had a long history w/her, ALL BAD. Since he is paying for 2 kids why not give the reciept for all expenses paid? Also, the main issue is the total for the year does not match the month to month total, if you pay 1000 a month for 12 month your yearly statement shoudl say 12,000 or 6000 per child. his didnt match at all. but if you took the total she gave divided it by 2 it came out to a higher number than what he is paying now. the twist is by bm: hey judge, expenses went up, see here is my reciept for the year, now make him A-pay me the excess I put out on care and B. make him pay more each month. she is setting it up to offset if/when he gets 50/50 custody. Also, this is year 3 that the number from the sitter have been off.

Auteur's picture

We had a similar issue with the Behemoth using relatives as "daycare" and never even seeing the receipts. Just taking her word for it. I"m sure it was all fudged.

Find your own provider and make sure it's all on the up and up.

Blaze's picture

I am looking into new day care as we speak, just in case. Problem is then he would be paying for 2 day care providers and like most folks we cant afford that.

my.kids.mom's picture

That wouldn't make sense to have the girls go to 2 different day cares. How much longer are they going to be going anyway?! They are 9 and 11!

Blaze's picture

bm would SAY they were going until they were 18. we are praying that when they oldest turns 13 we can pull her/them from daycare. Dh have no issue w/ daycare and even if the cost has gone up that is not so bad either, provided it is legit. Some of the problems w/ day care lady are the following: BM told daycare lady that she should not pick up the girls on Thursdays that was DH responsiblity. Dh went to her and ask her to pick them up and even said hey, I pay 1/2 the bill what is the problem. Now DH & BM were in court back and forth and eventually the judge/mediator had to write into the court order that any provider was to pick up children if DH request it on his custodial time. Also the provider wrote a letter to the court on behalf of BM, making it sound like DH was leaving the kids at daycare on his custodial time over the summer. in actualality the kids were in daycare but since bm has them the majority of time and she works, ofcourese they were in daycare alot of the summer. time we were able to get the actual calander from daycare lady the judge would not revisit the motion.