You are here

Court Cancelled -WTF?

kimm1960's picture

So today our lawyer sends an email saying out court date is cancelled and will need to be rescheduled. Apparently BM can't make it. Lawyer did nothae the details yet as to why she couldn't. She has known for over a month and today she figures out she can't make it? We have so much on her and were so ready to go to court and just get this over with. Just last week we found out that the chiropractor she had been sending SS-7 to for his allergies and ear infections was in our insurance network and yet she has never given them the insurance information so that the insurance could be billed een though it pays 100% after a $20 deductible.
First she kept referring to the chiropractor as Dr. Paul only to find out that Paul is his middle name. No wonder we couldn't find him in the network. Then she said that she had several discussions with him about billing the insurance and that he had not received any payments from the insurance company. The insurance company then called the Dr. and he said he didn't recall any discussions with her and he was unaware that SS-7 had insurance. When we confronted her with this (by email, all communicaation is done via email so that we can't document everything as much as possible) she just quit responding to our emails. Last Wednesday durning drop off she handed us a letter from SS-7 dentist that said she would no longer accept State of Illinois insurance and that all services have to be paid for up front and on the day of service. We sent BM an email stating we thought it would be best if SS went to the same dentist as my husband and his three brothers and sister. This dentist does accept the insurance. She has refused to respond to that email. One of the reasons she has us in court is she is asking for sole custody due to a complete break down in communication. However it is she who refuses to communicate. Another reason is that she says we did not give her the insurance card for SS in the years 2006 and 2007. We did gie her the card and this year to protect ourselves from further accusations we asked her to sign a simple piece of paper stating we had given her the card and she took the insurance card and then refused to sign the paper stating her lawyer told her she didn't have to. She has also accused us of not paying certain medical bills and the checks we wrote for them have never cleared our account. So when we handed her a check last week we again wanted her to sign that we had given her a check for the medical expenses and she again has refused to do so or to respond to our email inquiring as to why she wouldn't. Now she has had the court date postponed. SS needs four cavities filled and I am having nightmares that she is going to try and get him in to the dentist who doesn't take our insurance and then present us with a bill for $450 that we will only hae 14 days to come up with. This along with his chiropractor bills and his pediatrician bills and prescriptions. Then we look bad in court because we haen'
t paid our half in the 14 day time period. We simply can't figure out why she suddenly couldn't make the court date other then she has something up her sleeve.

Rags's picture

She is playing games. My Son's (SS) BioDad did this for a couple of years before my wife and I married. SpermZilla (BioDad) and the SpermToad (SpermGrandMa) would file for custody or some other such crap, my wife would fly home from college to appear in court then he/they would cancel the day before for some bullshit reason or another.

It was a ploy to try to bankrupt my Wife and intimidate her in to giving up custody of her child. She was not about to give up custody, took out supplemental school loans and kept her attorney on them like stink on shit (which they are).

They tried this until She and I married when the biggest financial stick switched unequivocally in to our hands. We have been beating the shit out of them with the Judgement and our much, much, much larger checkbook ever since. Since then my wife has finished her Undergrad, and MBA and is a CPA and can kick their combined financial asses soundly in her own right. My income is just a much bigger financial stick that they have to contend with.

So, I would have to guess that BM is playing a waiting game in hopes that it costs you enough money that you will drop out of the game and let her have her way as far as your Skid is concerned.

SpermZilla has also been refusing to pay his share of SS's medical expenses not covered by Insurance for more than 15yrs now. What he does not understand is that by refusing repeated registered mailings of those bills he is in fact liable for the principal, interest and penalties when we sue his worthless ass once SS turns 18 in 276 days. Not only that, he will be on the hook for CS for 3more years while SS is in college though SS will not have to visit him ever much less on the current 7wk/yr schedule that has been in place since the Skid was 2yo.

I would recommend that you keep BM on the hook with repeated court filings until she finally has no choice but to show up and get her ass kicked.

I have learned over the years to enjoy beating the SpermClan's combined asses in court regularly and to treat beating them about the head and shoulders with the Court Judgement as a sport. They have been trying to play games with my SS and with the Judgement for so long that we have gotten very, very good at kicking their asses in court.

So, buckle up and hang on and keep the legal and financial heat on BM until she has not choice but to do what your DH tells her to do.

Best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)

stepmasochist's picture

Certified Mail!!!!

Screw handing her stuff and asking her to sign. Make the post office do it for you.

I've never had certified mail refused, but I think the post office can keep track of how long they hold it, how many notices are delivered to the recipient and who knows what else.

When she picks it up, you get a nice little post card with her signature saying she accepted the piece of mail.

It's wonderful, but I guess she could contest the actual contents of the mail.

See if you can get your lawyer to send the items certified for you.