You are here

This could be the end!!!!!

Rags's picture

I have been Mr. HouseHusband for the past couple of months. This evening I screwed up... BAD!

DW asked me to put my two white T-shirts in with her load of "Lights" and wash them.  There were a few things in her laundry basket that I would not qualify as "lights" so I asked.  

Her answer "If it is in the basket wash it... but not on HOT!" So I complied.   She just went in to move the stuff from the washer to the dryer.  

DW: "Hey!  How long have we been married?"

Rags:  "Umm... 24 years, 9 months and 15 days. Why?"

DW: "How many times have you seen me do laundry."

Rags:  "More than I can count... obviously."

DW: "So WHY is my $150 bra in the washing machine."

Rags: "Because you told me to wash everything in your basket with my two white T-shirts."

DW: "Alright smart ass!  You know what I meant.  Why isn't the bra in the net bag?  You put the bag in the washer but did not put the bra in the lingerie wash bag!"

Rags: "Ummmm, I don't have bras and I did what you told me to do.  The mesh bag must have been in the middle of the wad of your clothes. I just grabbed it and threw it all in .... just like you told me to.  Did I ruin your bra?"

DW: "Grumble, grumble, grumble..... It is not about the bra. It is about what the bra may have snagged on and ruined, it is about the bra being tangled together with other stuff. ..... grumble, grumble, grumble.... maybe bent the underwire..... harrumph!!!!

Rags: .......Slinks away to pack my shit and move out before my body disappears.

It looks like I may soon be on the market for a new bride.  Preferably one that doesn't wear a bra.  That would be a safer marriage for me than this one... apparently.

Wink  *wink*   *wink*

Just kidding of course.  But my life was hanging in the balance there for a minute.

Wow, How I love this woman.  And she makes me laugh.  Lucky for me... this time I was only laughing on the inside.  If it had been out loud..... there would be a missing person's report and a search for my body forthcoming.

ndc's picture

Never mess with the bra, Rags.  After 24 years, 9 months and 15 days, you know that.

My mom was banned from doing my dad's laundry 25+ years ago after she turned all his underwear pink.  I guess he thought he was punishing her.  LOL.

justmakingthebest's picture

LOL!! 

I don't let me DH do laundry either! Can can do folding duty but he isn't allowed to put things in the washer or dryer. I have too many flat dry, hang dry, gentle cycle, NICE BRA's for him to mess up! 

I am glad that you are keeping a sense of humor when things could seem down!!

Rags's picture

This is exactly why men have limited underclothes options.  We just keep it simple.  But the junk in either briefs, boxers, or boxer-briefs (I am boxer brief guy myself) and some color of undershirt.... or we just "free ball" it.

Never again will try to "help" when there is a bra involved. 

I am no dummy.  I won't risk my life over violating the very secret code of brasier care best practices.

Wink

soccermom830's picture

and i thought $50 for a bra was a lot that i started buying a few years ago because of the same philosophy - you pay for what you get - and quality is better than quantity!!  haha  if it works for her, that's all that matters.