You are here

Christmas shopping

k8tie's picture

Is anyone else done with their Christmas shopping? I finished mine (well not completely, everything is in layaway), I just have to pay for it. I never get done this early! lol You dont even want to know how much I spent this year OMG! lol

Katie

skylarksms's picture

Pfffssst...I still can't believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away. I haven't even THOUGHT about Xmas yet!

k8tie's picture

I know! This year flew by and we didnt have much of a summer at all. There was a week or so where is was 100 degrees and hotter but other then that, there wasnt many comfortable 80 degree days.

Katie

ThatGirl's picture

That's exactly what it felt like here! No real summer, and with the new house, we didn't get to do much of anything. And now the weatherman says it's supposed to snow this weekend :o

I'm thinking I'd like to just skip the holidays and declare a "do-over" of Spring and Summer!

purpledaisies's picture

haven't even started! i normally start black fri. Me my mom and sis and now my dd will go shopping it is a tradition that started about 15 years ago. mainly an excuse to go sopping with each other and no GUYS! lol

k8tie's picture

I actually like Christmas shopping (other then the money I spend). Its grocery shopping I hate, especially if I have to take SD7 with me. She always wants something and whines and pouts the whole time when I tell her no. I have to keep her right there with me at all times because she will wander all over the place. OMG I cant stand that whining!

Katie

the_stepmonster's picture

LOL I do this all the time! I don't know what's wrong with me? Even when it's not Christmas, if someone is blocking something I want I will hover until they move. Its mine! I'll have to remember this post next time I try to bully my way in a store.

k8tie's picture

Were you the one on the news last year at Walmart? LOL There was 2 women in a fist fight over a toy or something.

Katie

LOL! No no no. I'm way more passive aggressive and will just invade your personal space. I literally get this anxiety that someone will take the last of whatever it is and I missed out. Don't worry though, I've found a cure: online shopping.

ThatGirl's picture

OMG you're why I have panic attacks in stores! LOL

I'm getting better now, but I used to to actually pass out in grocery stores, christmas shopping, or in any kind of a big line. It's like all those people in there are breathing my air and invading my space.

I know I know! Its like I know it's annoying and wrong but can't stop myself. I'm working on it though. Next time I will just pretend that the person I am bothering is a fellow STalker and will blog about my rude shopping habits!

twopines's picture

LOL This happened to me this morning as I was trying to stock up on chicken broth. Some lady in a pink flannel-y track suit got right in front of me as I was trying to get the last of what I needed. My face ended up annoyingly close to her crotch, so I fake-sneezed and she backed the hell off.

Don't let that pink flannel crotch be you, LOL!! Wink

Elizabeth's picture

That drives me crazy too, when people browse right up to where you're shopping and then wait for you to relinquish your item to them. Um, no. Get away from me. Go shop somewhere else. Shoo.

stepfamilyfriend's picture

You people are way ahead of me. DD is turning 16 on Thursday and I am done with that...SS is turning 23 mid December and I am finishing up a knitted blanket made of 108 squares of tightly knitted hand dyed super soft
Baby Alpaca wool . That will be his Christmas present too. The girls got each one 3 years ago and it's taken me this long to "recover": each cost about 400 in wool and took me about 300 hours of work....
Christmas.... Another pair of felted slippers for DH and if I can swing it, an IPad. Knitted baby stuff for SD. As for DD, I don't know yet.

Edited the number of hours :O

twopines's picture

I am almost finished! I can't get DD16's gift until the week before Christmas, but at least I know what I'm getting her instead of still trying to think of an idea. I also just have to order DH's main gift, and I'm done. *yay!*

Poor DH is still searching in vain for what SD26 wants him to get the grandspawn for Christmas. He said if he hasn't found it by tomorrow, she's SOL.

Journey12's picture

Christmas presents may be anything from some pretty flowers to a fashionable jewellery. So then, you are able to never fall small of ideas when it comes to Yuletide gifts. Flowers are amazing presents for all instances. merry christmas greeting