You are here

BM surprised me

StepToBe1127's picture

She's been a bit hard to handle. Taking O unsupervised when the court order says she must be with her mom at all times. BF talked to her and she claims she didnt actually read the court order and thought she only had to be supervised overnight. She was sick in the hospital during her time with O from Sunday until Tuesday when she picked him up from me at 5pm. She went right to the ex bfs house (who is now the bf, theyre back together,) sat O in front of a lego set, and hung out with her bf. Then she and her bf drove O to grandmas house, dropped him off at 10pm, and left.

So much for O getting to spend some time with his mom. So the next day he drew a broken heart and said its not fair that other kids get to see their moms a lot and he never does. So yesterday BM texts me and says they got me a birthday present (bday was the 16th) and could she drop it by. She got me a tank top with like a little jacket that goes over it and a really sweet card.

Ive always known she appreciates me. And her alcoholism is a disease and she doesnt mean to be so hard to handle. But after that we let O go with her overnight, but BF told her she needs to obey the court order from now on. She spent the night at grandmas with O and he had a great time and came back today feeling a lot better.

This step mom thing is a lot more give and take then I anticipated.