You are here

BM REFUSES to pay court ordered child support

YellowBelly's picture

So last month DH was awarded full custody with court ordered child support. DH does not like BM picking SD8 up at school on her fridays but the court said otherwise.No big deal really. So she texts tonight and says "I can just pick her up at your mom's house Saturday instead of Friday. DH says that is great and by the way your child support is late. She texts back saying "I am not paying child support and plan on fighting it in court"

Well, that is all fine and dandy but it is court ordered that she pay beginning May 1st.

Funny because the text is getting forward to DH's lawyer tomorrow morning.

What will the judge say in June about her refusing to pay court ordered support just because she plans on fighting it?

BM has bought her kid a bottle of shampoo in the whole last year! She has already also declined her 2cnd weekend visit because "she wasn't feeling well"

I love it when people fuck things up without even trying! LOL

proudstepmommy's picture

Wow she sounds like a real winner!

Not sure where you are, but my DH has to pay BM CS every month, and it comes directly out of his paycheck. Maybe that's something you and your DH could look into.

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

Don't negotiate with her about it. Send it to CSSD and have it withheld from her wages. They'll get her tax return and everything else. She's welcome to fight it, but she still has to pay in the meantime.

LRP75's picture

I love it when BM's are all like, "I'm not paying you CS!" after they lose custody of their kids. But when they were the ones with custody, they were like rabid hounds over every red cent.

hereiam's picture

Why do so many BMs think they shouldn't pay child support? Just because they gave birth?

I know there are a lot of dead beat dads out there, but it seems so common for NC BMs to just refuse to pay child support (RedWingsFan excluded, of course). I don't get it.

The fact that she's going to fight it has nothing to do with the fact that it has been ordered and she has an obligation to pay it.

What's to fight? She is the NCP. Pay your child support, bitch.

TASHA1983's picture

I just LOVE how it is "ok" for a BM to just "schrug off" paying CS for HER KIDS and just gets a slap on the wrist BUT GOD FORBID if a man said that...the whole damn National Guard would be on his ass and BM would have him in court YESTERDAY!!!!

Gotta love the CS double standards!!! :sick:

Shaman29's picture

I agree with all of the other that told you to go through the state. Have your DH grab the CO and total up the arrears and sic them on the BM.

What kills me is that if she were the CP and your DH said that to her, she would have drug his ass to court tout de suite.

step off already's picture

When we were in court the judge didn't order BM to pay any support even though DH has primary custody and she has EOWe.

I think it had to do with the fact that she was requesting spousal support. DH was not working at that particular time as he was between projects. She was also NOT entitled to spousal support since she left him 7 years prior but was trying to play like they'd been on and off the whole time.Since both parties were representing themselves, I'm sure the judge just thought it would be easier to award zilch to everyone.

Now, we have 5 years to take BM back to court to get something awarded. Anyone know how this might work?

YellowBelly's picture

Well, DH is taking in a copy of the texts to his lawyer. Mind you, BM has no lawyer }:)

I don't think she will look too great in court by refusing on text to pay child support! She really screwed things up for herself. It is nice to just sit back and watch her actions!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

My husband's ex never paid CS and the court never really made her pay either. People will go to extreme lengths to not pay child support (which I find despicable)and there is not much you can do to force it. At some point you have to look on the affect it has on you and your household to constantly be filing contempt, etc. We just let the state do its thing and once in a blue moon we would hear/get something.

Rags's picture

Since she is late, give it a few months then file for direct payroll with holding. Once ordered by the court her employer must hold CS out of her check and pay it directly to the CSE office for distribution to your DH. Set up CS on direct deposit to DH's account. That way it is out of BMs hands and she can fight with the state rather than with you and DH.

Regardless if she pays or not, the court will hold any unpaid CS in arrears and she will have to pay it.

When my SS's SpermIdiot ran from the process server when we filed for an ammendemnt of CS the court contacted us and asked if we could provide information on his employement and income. We provided the court with his old tax returns (8 years prior), his employers address, his parents address, his GFs address, his state plumbers license #, his car registration information, his DL#, his arrest record and the information on plumbers wages in the state and county where DickHead lives along with a recommendation that CS be calculated on the median wage for a plumber in SpermLand County Oregon. The court issued a CS order calculated at the median plumbers wage that raised CS from $133/mo to $785/mo including arrears going back 9mos to the original court date he failed to make. The court also ordered direct payroll with holding which freaked the SpermIdiot out to no end. }:)

DickHead immediately filed to lower CS claiming that he never received the summons on the CS modification hearing. Of course the process server filed a report about DickHead running away,refusing to answer his door while looking out the window, etc, etc, etc..... Eventually CS was lowered to $385/mo but the arrears was upheld at the $785/mo order level and it took him the rest of the CS duration (10years) to pay it back. While CS was in effect the payback on arrears was $50/mo which is the maximum that arrears can be recouped in SpermLand. After CS expired full monthly CS payments of $385+$50/mo was applied to the arrears for another two months until the arrears were paid off.

If he had shown up for court rather than running from the process server it would have saved him about $6,000.00.

So, let BM be a deadbeat. It just puts her short and curlies firmly in your grip and gives you far more control over the whole sitatuation. Whatever you do, do not let her off of the hook for the arrears and keep her ass in court each and every time she fails to pay in full each month.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.