You are here

Bathing with your stepson???

Siroxius's picture

when i picked up my (bio)son3 tuesday night and i was driving him home..
my friend gave him this giant monkey and he was playing with it in the back seat.
well his hair was still wet when i picked him up and his stepmother told me he had gotten a bath.
he was playin with this monkey twice the size of him :> and he start saying goofy stuff like "take a bath" "monkey take a bath"

well then he says out of nowhere "take a bath with mommy"
and stoppd me dead in my tracks..
ive never taken a bath with my son.
he also calls his stepmother "mommy" because they drilled it into his brain. nevertheless.
i asked him "son, did you took a bath with mommy?"
and he said "yes" and i waited a second and said "son, did you take a bath with (her name here)?"
and he said "yes".
i told my mother kind of asking for advice and she said well i used to take showers with your neice all the time (my brothers bio daughter, her bio gdaughter)
then i said to my mom "well for one, your !blood! to her.. and 2 your both female" she stopped for a moment and agreed with me.
so am I feeling uncomfortable and wanting to beat the crap out of her for no reason? (p.s. I would never do anything in the world that would take my child away from me) but i just dont understand why someone would do that if its true. what do i do? is there anything i can do? i mean exposing yourself to a child as far as i know is a pedifile...

confusedsm11's picture

It bothers me that DH takes a shower with SS4...I would NEVER even think about doing it myself! Kids do say goofy things sometimes so maybe it was just a "story". Either way, I would start teaching good touch/bad touch just to be safe. AND at his age, calling HER mommy?! That is crazy, you better undrill it out of his head! What a sign of disrespect for you! Good luck

Disneyfan's picture

That SM is begging for trouble. There are many people who would have called CS right away. I would have called her as soon as I heard the story. A 3 year old knows the difference between someone giving him a bath and taking a bath with him. First she makes a 3 year old call her mommy. Then she takes a bath with the child. Something is wrong that woman. I would have freaked out on both her and BD.

confusedsm11's picture

The height thing is EXACTLY what I tell my DH every time he takes a shower with SS...its just gross

caregiver1127's picture

Before you get freaked out I would ask your Ex and SM about it - the SM may be outside the bathtub watching him and may have said we are taking a bath now - before you get freaked out remember we are all SM's here and would be pissed off if the BM came to us and started accusing us of taking a bath with their child - your son is 3 and before you get really upset find out what is happening. Keep us posted.

Auteur's picture

we are all SMs here

Actually there are plenty of trolling NON-SMs/SMINOs here who love to incite hatred against SMs but I digress.

I would talk to biodad about it. Verify that both of you are in agreement that a child of 3 years old should be taught how to take his own bath and not have any "accompaniment"

And no, they should not be having stepparents being called mommy or daddy. That's a PAS technique.

Auteur's picture

What are these biodads all reading from the same script???!!

"So used to have the skids shower together to save time, and that creeped me out to no end."

Same thing here!! GG would have them all bathe together (2 boys and 2 girl)

Ummm NO! And he'd also take showers with them as well!

Hell to the NO!! They should be taught ONCE how to shower/shampoo properly; the only thing necessary is to inspect behind the ears and sniff for cleanliness after that.

Auteur's picture

I know! SD7 whined that she didn't know how to work the shower at first - um, you pull the knob to turn on the water, you push the knob to turn off the water -

HA HA! Prince Hygiene at 6 1/2 did the same thing. Now dad would turn the water on to start the regulation of temperature but then it was "I don't know how to turn the water off!!!"

After showing him about five times, GG gave up and turned it off for him.

WWAD? (what would Auteur do?)

Show him how to do it then have him DO IT FOR HIMSELF.. .you know, classic instruction. Same thing with showing a child how to wash/brush teeth/tie shoes/button/zip etc.

Oh wait. we don't instruct our children anymore. We wait on them hand and foot so then become like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1gPgcycQ8

briarmommy's picture

I think your childs Smom is way overstepping her bounds, no child should be forced to call anyone but there real mother mommy. And you should tell your Ex that in no uncertain terms. As for the bathing I would discuss it with your ex first to make sure it is not a misunderstanding, if it isn't tell him to nip it in the bud now or you will have to take another course of action.

confusedsm11's picture

I think the point everyone is trying to make is, it's really NOT appropriate for a little girl to be showering next to her father's penis or vice versa...and if it IS going to happen, it should be with FAMILY only, not step parents. Not all people want to do harm to your children BUT the SM CLEARLY is not the parent. We all know that here on this site therefore it should NOT be the SM decision to expose this little boy to her vagina when potentially his own mother is not doing that.

Disneyfan's picture

If a SM can't figure out how to bathe a child without getting her naked ass in the tub/shower with the kid, then she has a problem. None of us are saying we would have an issue with SM giving our kids a bath or keeping an eye out for safety reasons. We draw the line at a SM bathing/showering WITH our kids. Why would anyone invite the type of trouble that can result from this?

Siroxius's picture

Well the thing about my BS is they say he calls her mommy because of this stepbrother but that bull.s because ive watched them do it.. say bye to mommy... they like to blow smoke up my a$$. But ive seen it. Another thing they dont have a hottub or jacuzzi ive been to their home its an apt. My bioson is actually 2 getting ready to turn 3 so he does not engage in shower taking.. only baths because he is still trying to get his "sea legs" i just dont feel like its appropriate for her to be bathing with my son. I feel like what if she has some kind of disease? And theyre soaking in the same water. Also i thought it was weird that my 2yr old bioson is so interested in the sight of boobs. Like hes been exposed to them in another sort of way i dont feel like he should be coming to the conclusion that boys have different parts than females do. I only say this because, ive always felt weird about showering with children or getting undressed well one day i was quickly changing in the same room while he was turned around watching tv. I hadnt realized he turned around i looked down and he was staring at my breasts which i ran into the bathroom n finishd changing. The same thing happend a day or 2 ago i was in the bathroom and as my shirt was coming over my head he had walkd in and had no idea and the same thing staring at my breasts. The thing i thought weird was my mother has gotten undressd to shower in front of him and he paid no attention. And he absolutely adores her. Soo.. i dont know