Aaargh!! Wedding dramas!!
So it turns out I am pregnant - 3 months now, OH and I are very happy, great.
We decided to get married before baby comes and planned a small wedding with just our immediate family (his parents and our siblings only), however now it is all changing;
1) The wedding is now being held in the north of the country (8 hours drive away), we live in the South, just to accommodate his sister who wants the wedding held near her parent for ease of commute - OK I said.
2) As the wedding is now taking place near his parents his mother has taken over organising, and she wanted to invite the extended family to a restaurant, of her choice, to celebrate, which she would pay for - OK I said.
3) It now turns out that the extended family will also be attending the wedding (registry) too. I wasn't happy about this, but he and his mum became annoyed and upset with me, so I gave in and said fine.
4) He is inviting some of his friends to the wedding too now - OK I said. I have since now invited a few of my friends, but there will only be 10 from my side and about 30 from his.
5) My parents have offered to also contribute to paying towards the restaurant, and are basically paying for the bulk of this wedding and yet, they, nor I have had no input in to this wedding. Sorry, I get to choose the colour scheme of the serviettes in the restaurant.
6) OH and his mother set the date for the wedding - OK I said
7) OH informs me that SD12 (ex g/f's daughter but considers her like his own)has invited herself to the wedding. I told him I didn't want her there. We had a huge row and he said it was non negotiable so I told him fine, invite her, and invite your ex g/f too and everyone else too while your at it. He keeps reminding me that I am the one who wants to get married, so I told him, yes, but this wedding is nothing like I wanted. I have compromised for everyone, and yet when I want something I get treated like I am the one in the wrong. I told him that the wedding might be my idea but I have had no say in it at all.
I am so not looking forward to this wedding, it feels like a chore now. I just want it over with.
I ended our argument by saying that if SD coming is not negotiable then fine, just he should know that when it comes to this baby, no-one will be making any decisions or telling me what I can and can't do, and that is not negotiable. Just sick of all this drama and stress!!
I've decided to let him and his family do what they want with this wedding now, they just need to tell me when to turn up. Nothing like how I imagined