OT Opinions please: Husband and friend attraction?
I thought I would take the opportunity to ask you lovely ladies your opinions on a situation my sister-in-law (SIL) is having (since I couldn’t think of a better website than one full of women used to dealing with BS from their husbands!). Over the weekend I hosted a fall party for my husbands side of the family and my sister-in-law (whom I’ve always been close to) confided in me about her husband and a close friend of hers. She is starting to wonder if there isn’t something going on between them. After hearing the following facts I’ve concluded that it is a strong possibility there is an attraction there:
1. Normally husband is very quiet and reserved but seems to be able to open up and joke with friend
2. Husband casually gives friend little touches and pokes and gently picks on her
3. Husband frequently makes attempts,comments,actions to prove he is in some way superior to friend’s husband.
4. Husband is moody and argumentative with SIL.
5. Husband loudly tells friends husband he better “keep an eye on your wife- she is a wild one” after teasing/joking with her.
6. Affection and laughter and love are getting less and less frequent for SIL and husband.
7. Husband hugs friend’s mom and is “buddy buddy” with her dad, more so than SIL’s parents
8. Husband frequently in private puts down friend’s husband
9. Husband complains constantly about SIL’s kids (he is a step dad) and seems unhappy in his life with her and them. Friend has no kids.
10. Friend seems welcoming to all husbands “advances”.
So what do you think ladies? My intuition says yes something isn’t right but on the other hand I am not 100% sure....