OT - Thankful Thursday
Good morning, STalkers! My apologies for being absent and not responding to all of the messages and emails (NOT sick - knock on wood), but getting everything set up for WFH has been a challenge.
And I LOATHE it! Home is our sanctuary and it has been invaded by Work - the thing I do my darndest to leave at the office. And since we never expected this, we have no office. I've been standing in the kitchen, sitting on my recliner, standing in the laundry room, sitting on the floor... I even took the damn laptop into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub so I could look out of the window. Gads.
Since I'm feeling hemmed in, I need to remember the things for which I am thankful...
- We are not sick. Hoping to stay that way.
- None of our family members have been infected.
- We are still working so still able to earn money and not take vacation time or lose pay.
- Our pantry, freezer, and fridge are well stocked. I can still buy fresh produce, meat, and dairy. Thank goodness because powdered milk is CACA!
- IMO, limiting physical contact has opened up lines of communication a bit. I've spent considerably more time typing lengthy emails and actually talking on the phone (not a fan of texting).
I want to add a little humor...
We put a sign on the door... Like a good neighbor, Stay over there!
Grocery shopping has become an episode of Chopped. What can I make with a bruised apple, can of deviled ham, breadcrumbs, chicken feet, and maple syrup?
I used to spin that toilet paper roll like I was on Wheel of Fortune... Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe!
Stay safe, STalk family. <3