You are here

Will it ever end?

Stepbystep1969's picture

Im so grateful for everyone here kind and wise advisse. Again thank you for always provided it 

My sd since she has moved in with us has made my life pure hell ( shes going on 17 now ) I know, he had a child when I moved in with him but to be honest ,,she was only here every other weekend. I seen the red flags from the first time i meet her, I remember how she was out right rude to me. He picked me up to meet her but never told me where we were all going, When we pulled up at the beach I had jeans, a sweater, and no bathing suit or towel.. He left me on the beach sweating my @ss off with no cell phone reception and went into the water with her for an hour and  totally ignored me. on the way home sd asked him to sleep in his bed and he take the sofa, He said to her where is Linda going to sleep. I never forget how she answered very rudely. " why does she have to stay the night anyways" he never corrected her and said anything to her about her very rude behavior. I talked to my sister that day and told her i think i should just call him and end this  right now, She talked me off the ledge said shes only there on weekends and dont walk out of a other wise good relationship. wish i would have known now what I didnt know then, 

Before I moved in I noticed her narc behavior. the entire weekend hubby would cater to her like she was visiting a grand hotel and he was her staff. he cooked and catered all meals to her bedroom, she wasnt made to bring any of her dishes out from her room ..he did it , cup boards fulled with every kind of food and alot of treats for her, non stop food eating, she would leave dishes and wrappers all over the living room, drop every thing at her @ss, and have full run of this place, i should have thrown in the towel when I noticed this but i decided what the hay ,, shes only here every other weekend , I learned to ignore it and be thankful she wasnt here full time. 

I moved in with him worked ny @ss off cleaning this place. This place know is a cozy apartment. then BM started calling that she cannot handle sd and she told him to take her.  of course, he didnt ask me how i felt just told me she is moving in with us, that was the last happy day together me and him had.

Full time watching him treat sd like the queen of england made me sick to my stomach. all meals prepared to princess liking ,,, all meals catered into her bedroom ,, all her dirty dishes catered out of her pig pen bedroom .. long showers and never no hot water for anyone else ,,, treats and groceries bought just to her liking ,, all his money buying and giving sd what ever she wanted,, leaving himself short to cover his share of things ,, of course, idiot me ,, did with out to pick up his slack ,, money everyday for take out for dinner on school days ,,,bookbag fulled  with lots of sd favorite treats ,, of course sd liked it here because she was running this house ,, no house rules ,,, did and went were she wanted ,, started noticing money missing from my purse,, started noticing my stuff just disappearing ,, started noticing smokes gone missing ,, of course when I approached him his angel wouldnt do such things and i was out to get the princess.. thats when the constant fighting started. the last hugh fight i was told to get my stuff and get out, I packed a bag and went to my sisters, i was there five days living in her trailor outback, It was hot as hell,, i was so uncomfortable ,, her stuff was in there so i only had room for the bag i packed. It made me angry that they were in a nice clean place ,, enjoying my air conditioner ,, lots of food and I was cooking off a little camp oven outside her trailor .after not hearing from him for five days i texted him and asked him when i could come get my stuff,,,, all he texted back was I think its for the best because you hate sd,  so he started texting and we started slowly talking and told him the only way id come back is if he cracked down on sd. He agreed. I moved back in . 

true to his word he cracked down on her, As soon as the little narc was told no that is when the shit shows started, loud screaming calling him a worthless piece of shit, her getting in his face, doors being slammed , telling him to go f himself, it was so bad here that you could hear her screaming down the street, The neighbors called the land lord on us. she was told she was grounded she just walk by him tell him to f off and walk out the door. She meet up with ( we didnt know ) her homeless 22 year old druggie boyfriend and all his homeless friends ,,, it would be days before we hear from her,, the only time she text is when she wanted something ,,, dad meet me at a secret location and give me money for food , give me a drive here and there mm bring me clothes ,, blah blah ,, she come home a day stuff her face get a shower and leave ,, again if you tried to stop her shes tell him f off and leave. he stopped doing anything for her and we havent heard from her for three weeks, she popped in once to steal food and get a shower and leave (she still has the house keys ) 

from my end ,, hate to say it ,, been heaven here without her ,,, no one screaming holloring slamming days ,, getting in peoples faced ,,, our electricity bill has been cut in half ,, our grocery bill has been cut in half ,, the house is spotless,, he has money all the time. on my end its great,, im trying to be support , understanding , and there for him threw all this bs. i feel awful for feeling relief thats shes gone but i cant help it i can say i hate sd now and not feel guilty about it, 

well hes chasing sd ,, driving around all the time trying to find out where they all moved the tent to, looking for her ,, talking to the cops ,, bm and him are on a team now to get her the help she needs, No more fighting with them ,, taking to counsilors trying to get her to one ,, i couldnt help but over hear one of his conversations with the cops he called his ex wife his wife ,, he didnt even realize he did it over and over it hurt like hell to hear him do that,. the entire day now is still all about sd even if she isnt here ,, calls from bm ,, cops ,, youth workers ,,, when he aint talking to them or birth mother ,, he spends all his time looking threw parks the woods up town trying to find out where they have moved to ,,, all conversation is now only about sd , i dont drive and work the night shift, he started drinking now, he passes out and im left paying hugh amounts of money for cabs to work ,, we cant go and do things on my days off because sd just might come home...morning noon and night all i hear is sd ,, i went to the dr office and was put off work for three days and gave blood pressure pills and was told its very high and destress yourself ... he picked me up ,, told him ,, he said oh youll be ok ,, he then with me in the car went to a park ,,, left me in the car ,, and seached the woods looking for sd tent ,, came back and carried right on venting about sd.. didnt give to sweet hays about me ,,, all night long the texts from bm started ,, then vent to me ,,, its at the point now where i dont even exist its all about bm and sd ,, when he was drinking once he told me he should never have cracked down on her because she wouldnt be living out on the streets, if he finds her hes gonna kill the guy shes with because now that she is gone he has nothing to live for ( thanks , that felt good ) oh, shes the only thing he ever truely loved ,,, its gone now,, so ,, i feel guilty because i made him crack down on her ,, i dont want to just walk out on him when he is going threw this but i cant love and live with a man that is pushing me to the back burner and acting like i dont exist ,, thank you if you if you read all this,,, dont know what to do now Sad

Winterglow's picture

Start looking for a place for yourself and get out as soon as you can. Save what's left of your dignity and sanity. You deserve so much better than this sorry apology for a human being you're living with. He's not going to change and things can only get worse.

tog redux's picture

OP, you should have trusted your gut in the beginning when you saw all the red flags around his parenting and your sister convinced you not to end it then!

It may not ever end. There are stories on here about elderly people dealing with their middle-aged stepkids who are still being enabled by their bio parent.

Swim_Mom's picture

If he treated you like that the first time you met his daughter, you should've dumped him to the curb. He is an asshole. Get rid of him.

CompletelyPuzzled's picture

You really need to walk away.  This guy is never going to force his daughter to grow up, not now.  He will go back to being her maid and cook, but it will be worse because she can now hold leaving over his head.   

Save what money you can and move out.  Find a man who can be a loving, supportive partner.  Life is too short to be miserable.

susanm's picture

Eventually he will find her or she will contact him and he will "convince" her to come back.  Have you given any thought to how that will go?  He will promise her anything she wants just to get her back under his roof.  You thought you had hell before?  I can't even imagine!

hereiam's picture

End this and move out. You should have listened to your gut.

when he was drinking once he told me he should never have cracked down on her because she wouldnt be living out on the streets,

Not only is he putting you on the back burner, but I guarantee he blames you for what is happening with his daughter.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

This man is sick, sick, sick. You will never be able to have a healthy relationship with him. He will never cherish you or put you first.

You are wasting precious time in this relationship.

ndc's picture

Him cracking down on her was the right thing to do. The problem was that he and the BM should have done it years before. This is a problem of their making, and the kid sounds like she needed help years ago. Nonetheless, you WILL be blamed, so put an exit plan tigether and get out of this relationship. You are not his priority and never will be. You deserve better.

Stepbystep1969's picture

Thank you guys for always being the voice of reason. I guess..i should look at this situation in a diferent light. Seems sick but it almosts feels like im the women. Hes never going to leave his daughter...him and the x are getting closer. And when sd comes home hes gonna set up a thorne for her for she wont leave again..you are right ....its only gonna be worse then before..i need to get an exit plan in place and bail out and let him spend the rest of his life worshiping the ground she walks on...thanks again for always being the voice of reason.somehow these man make you believe you are the problem ..ugh 

Harry's picture

You really have to move on.  Because one day SD is going to want you gone,  And you will be gone from his life.  So make your plans and move on your way 

Rags's picture

You know where you stand.  Please quit sacrificing yourself on the alter of SParental martyrdom.  This guy is a prick, he is the source of an extremely shallow and polluted gene pool that is consuming you and your life like a incubus.

Move on, live your life, enjoy your new life adventure putting these toxic people in your past.  Where they belong.

IMHO of course.

Siemprematahari's picture

Listen to all the wisdom here. Plan your exit strategy and do so ASAP. You need to be out of there like yesterday. You are not being respected and will NEVER come 1st to your H. SD will only ramp up the manipulation and bullsh!t tactics and you'll be in this mess years down the line wondering why you didn't leave sooner......go and be DONE with this toxic mess!