help

galwaygirl's picture

'm a 40 year old woman and I live with my gf and her 4 kids. There is more to the story but i'll talk about that later. 3 girls ( teenagers) and 1 boy (11). I've been living here for a year and it hasn't been easy for any of us. Don't get me wrong...we have good times too. It's just that I went from a relationship with one other person for about 10 years to a gf with 4 kids. The fights that my gf and I get into are almost always about the kids. So I came here to talk to people who can relate.

dstaten64's picture

I am also a SM to my GF's 15 year old most of our fights also revolve around her child. I have a son who is 22 but he moved out 4 years ago. My SD is disrespectful and lazy which gets on my last nerve. Her mother allows all of this which also drives me crazy.

Orange County Ca's picture

Wow that was a major life change and probably overnight to boot.

People argue all the time and step-parents have a lot to complain about. Poke around here to see if you can find similar problems and suggested solutions. Then start a new Thread with a specific question or problem description and you'll attract some answers.

Also I'd like you to read the essay linked below. See if it can be of any help to you either now or in the future:

http://www.steptogether.org/disengaging.html

PS: If you see a bold highlighted word like the word 'start' above it seems to simply lead to an advertisement so I ignore them.