You are here

cat poop and epic tantrums

sf1984's picture

:jawdrop: I love me skids. I need to vent though.9 year old was allowed to have a cat.
I have no problem with that because I love animals.part of the agreement
with her having the cat was that SHE was to feed and water them and clean
the litter box.That has happened a few times. NOw it is my wife and
I cleaning it and feeding them. well now it is just me cleaning the litter box
because my wife is pregnant and she shouldn't be around cat litter.
I am sick of it.she has a tantrum wheb told to feed the cat or clean the litter.
the 4 year old has tantrums (all the time for everything) because the cat isnt hers
and doesnt like her.If I were a cat I would be terrified of a rambunctious
loud and crazy 4 year old aswell.im tired of cat poop and crying about cat poop.

SMof2Girls's picture

Time to find the cat a new home.

This is precisely the reason animals should never be gifts, and certainly not given to children with the assumption they'll take on the responsbility of caring for one. Unless they've proven over time they are capable and committed to doing so.

So, if 9yo was allowed to have a cat with the condition that she'd take care of it, and she's not taking care of it, it's time for the cat to go. Hopefully you can find it a good home; maybe with a friend or family member .. cats are some of the more difficult animals to adopt out in shelters and thousands are put down everyday.

sf1984's picture

I agree. I wad against this idea in the first place because I knew
this would happen. I have had many cats before I got married, I know they
are not small child friendly and hard to find homes for. thankfully
I have a friend who would be more then happy to take the cat of that
needs to happen.

momagainfor4's picture

I'm so sick of cleaning the cat box for a cat that I hate. Sd13 doesn't live here. Only visits eow-end. And not even that now since she's hurt herself and has to been off her foot for awhile.

I joked the other night to my SO about cleaning the catbox. I said...oh, I need to get that stupid cat poop cleaned up, it stinks! Unless you are dying to clean it out??

crickets chirping.................................

I don't get it. I can't fathom why he got that pos stupid retarded,dropped on it's head cat to begin with. It's really got something wrong with it.

But I have to deal with it.

I hate it. I don't mistreat it, but I don't do anything but feed and water and clean it's box. That is it.
If I catch it tormenting my dog. I spray it with a water bottle.

It ran away one time but there was so much drama that we had to hunt for it for a week. I was actually sad that it came back home. It was so nice just having the dog and not cleaning the stinking cat poop. Sad

sd13 NEVER ever cleans it when she is here. The few times I've asked my SO to get her to clean it.
SO: hey, sd13, do you think you can do us a favor and clean the cat box real quick??
Sd13: eye roll.. umm I guess. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, why is it not already clean? Ugh, huff, hufffffff!!!
throw bag around, clean cat box. miss all little poops. drop stuff all over floor. no sweep.

yeh.

LadyG's picture

I will take the cat if need be. No beautiful animal should be subjected to this kind of immaturity your skid is portraying.

IMHO, the child deserves nothing more from you until they learn responsibility when they are older. If they beg for another animal, remind them of what they did to that poor cat and that taking care of an animal is a life long process.

Oh and another thing I have an issue about: pregnancy and cat boxes. Some of you think that I am way out of line but that's okay-I'm going to give my opinion.

*cracks knuckles*

I have read and heard about animals given or away or put into shelters because there's a new baby coming and blah blah blah. I really don't give a d*mn if there is a baby coming-the animal was there first and is part of the family. Do the litter box duty, do the poop cleaning in the yard, do what is best for everyone involved! Don't dump an animal because of a baby-that's just so d*mn selfish and stupid. I know if I was pregnant, my DH would be cleaning the box, I'd be feeding and watering the animals, nothing would change except that I wouldn't go near the box. It's that easy....IMHO, cleaning dirty diapers is much worse than cleaning out a litter box or picking up poop with a pooper scooper. I've had both dogs and cats...they're easier to take care of than a baby. Once I babysat a baby-and I couldn't do it and that's probably why I don't have a baby now. I couldn't even hold my 2 week old niece right because I've never done it before.

I'm not a jerk. I'm not unfeeling. Animals are a life long committment. If people disagree with me, that is okay. I'm just stating an opinion. I have always had cats in my life and they've been the greatest points of joy in my life. I also showed Samoyeds and had them raise my cats....now I have two cats that I adore so much.

Okay..off my soap box.

queenofthedamned's picture

I agree with you 100%. I work in the veterinary field and am also active in rescue and whatnot. So often, we see animals get dumped because people had a baby. So sad. And really, people have a huge misconception about toxoplasmosis. Yes, it's dangerous if you're pregnant BUT if you use hygienic techniques - I.e.wash your hands, wear gloves and most importantly don't eat cat poop - you'll likely be fine.

sf1984's picture

lmao she has been warned....that the cat will be going to my friends if she doesnt shape up.
so far it is working. i had to yell.in spanish. thatz when they know I mean business.

jumanji's picture

Realistically, Any adult that brings an animal into their home needs to understand that THEY will ultimately be the one who will be providing the majority of the care. Frankly, OP - you AND Mom are responsible for this cat's neglect.

As for getting rid of the cat? Sure, do it. But be aware that the child will hold a life-long grudge. My ex bought our daughter a dog for Christmas one year. I don't know why, as the kids were only there one w/e a month, and neither he, his wife or her two kids like dogs. After a year (again, at Christmas), he took it to a shelter. Refused to tell me where, so that I could bring him home. Well... Took me two months, $250, and a 12 hour r/t drive in a blizzard, but Jazzy came home to us on Valentine's Day - and lived with us for nearly 10 years. Our daughter has never forgiven him for giving her dog away. And I can't blame her.