You are here

Too Darn Hot

hardlifeisnormal's picture

I quit my job a few weeks ago because we are moving in two months, my husband is deployed expected home by end of the month. I have two girls of my own (6, 9 yo) and a SD (3 yo). She's a good baby, but of course, her mama is psycho, another one that lives off the system type. So he wants full custody of his only child. Dished out $4K earlier this year to the lawyer and then just shelled out another $4K two weeks ago and didn't tell me about the second installment or legal plans. Our air conditioner broke and it's been 100 degrees for my daughters and myself for two days. There's a leak and it's 17 years old so it needs to be replaced. (It will be a week before I can have someone install a window unit as portables are all sold out and it's too heavy for me to do myself). We are miserably hot. For the first time, I'm totally jealous of my stepdaughter. I cannot help but think while his ex and daughter are comfortable and cool living off his $1k a month plus all of America's benefits without having to work for it, we are expected to suffer and endure. I talked to him and he's just typically flat about the whole thing being overseas and thinks we should just "handle" it until his return. Prior to marrying my husband late last year (we dated a year) I had my own really great apartment with a great staff and maintenance, paid all my own bills. I was a single mom, but we were indeed happy. Since marrying him: drama, deceit, jealousy, competition, (now add heat) are all the themes of everyday. We've already had police involvement, etc, etc, and I'm sure CPS will get involved, which is just humiliating. He's a great guy, educated, sweet, but I can't help feeling sick about allowing my children to endure this "heat" for the sake of his own ambitions. The worst part is I feel guilty because I know I am accountable for having given up everything and we are about to give up even more for someone who does not seem to be interested in our quality of life. This heat is a exhausting, irritable, sickening metaphor. I like things cool so I'm tempted to let him face his own fires without me.

tweetybird74's picture

The heat sucks. I am not sure your DH does not care, he is thousands of miles away in lord only knows what country dealing with lord only know what???? He has many of his own issues to deal with at the moment most likely ensuring he lives through the day as well as his buddies living through the day. To him most likely you not having A/C is a pretty small issue compared to what he is going through while being deployed. Do you have friends or family you can stay with for a couple of days that have A/C? Go hang out at the mall for a while or to a local public pool?

hardlifeisnormal's picture

Actually, your comment validates my feelings more. He's overseas and totally capable of conversing with his lawyer and getting money to her about serious legal issues/plans. But we are a "small issue." I got it.