You are here

Really need help!!!

albaguy's picture

Background

2005:
I am the father to an 11yr old son. Split from bio-man when he was 3. I have 50/50 contact with my bio-son for 6 years.

Bio-mum embarks on a 2 yr court battle (circa 2012) to remove my son from the UK to Europe.

I contest and spend £16,000 to try and prevent this. During this time, bio-mum attempts to alienate my bio-son from me. I show him through love/action that I'm not who she makes me out to be. As a result of this, my bio-son says and does things that are our of character to me. I read articles and books and recognise this for what it is, i.e. just repeating mums words and understand that I should not criticise mum or berate him which I don't.

2014:
I run out of money and she "wins" her court case and my son is removed from the UK (2014). I have limited time to spend with my bio-son before he moves to Europe with biomum.

I meet a new lady that has a 4yr old bio son from previous relationship during this transitional phase. In the interests of transparency and several months in, I let her know what was going on. We started to spend a little time together as a family group. Things are fine. The removal to Europe occurs - end of 2014.

I don't hear from my bio-son for months which is very distressing. Eventually, when I do bio-mum controls the interactions. We establish some form of contact over text/skype/online gaming.

2015:
12 months later (2015) - I move in with my new partner. We start to live as a family. Understandably, step-son (then aged 4/5) is difficult with me for many months, cold and argumentative a lot of the time. I remain patient, despite constant tears through the night and all of the difficult behaviour.

I get myself into a position where I can start to fly to Europe regularly (every 4/5 weeks) as my ex is showing no signs of ever bringing my bio-son back to the UK. My now fiance is not happy with this. My bio-son is ecstatic when he sees me in Europe for the first time and mentions a few times about coming over to the UK.

Throughout this year, my fiance starts to really resent me spend 4/5 nights a month over in Europe and doesn't like me talking to my son on the console I get to maintain communication with him through the week. She starts to resent his messages when I read them in her company. I try my best to balance everything and compromise and go out 1 day less on alternate months. I continue to try and make efforts with step son but he's hard to engage. Fiance accuses me of having "more energy" with my bio than my step son and generally making less effort with step son. I tell her he needs to meet me half way and not ignore me etc. Things start to improve.

2016:
Fiance becomes my wife. Ex brings my bio son back to the UK which is a surprise. I am ecstatic. My now wife starts to avoid my bio-son and makes other plans when he is here. My bio son notices this. I try to smooth it over and also talk with her. I am given at the time what I thought were reasonable answers from her.

We have a baby. The trips to Europe are causing arguments. My wife now admits that she has never liked my bio-son. I am shocked and try to explain that she only saw him at a few bad points and that he's not a bad kid. The absence of any of his pictures in our "home" now make sense. She used to make excuses about this, my cheap picture frames, the living room wasnt a "shrine" for kids photos etc.

I express to her that she shouldn't have got married/had my baby if this is how she has felt for years. She tells me "well you must have knew". I told her "no, I thought we were just taking time to gel as a family".

She then tells me that when my bio son comes over from Europe, she will go away on holiday or make other plans. I advise that I don't think avoidance is the answer but do recognise that we all need 1-1 time with out bio kids but at the same time also need to do things together otherwise my eldest bio-son will feel excluded.

During arguments about this she has now thrown me out the house and created toxic situations. Just this boxing day I was about to pick my bio-son from my ex,60 minutes before this she causes another argument and slating my bio-son. I had no choice but to stay in a hotel with him for a few nights and let him open his xmas gifts in the hotel with me. The environment was right for him. I believe I acted in his best interests.

After being thrown out and pushed out by her I've wasted hundreds of pounds on hotel fees and she is now talking about separating etc and doesn't want me in "her house" anymore. My eldest bio is now worrying I am splitting from her and will he get to know his baby brother.

I am at my wits end with all of this and finding it really difficult now to keep the family dynamic together. I understand it must be hard for her but there are now 3 children to think about and she has thrown us both out before and I promised my bio that I'd never let us be put into this position again.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Disneyfan's picture

Head to court ASAP. Set up CS, visitation and try to ensure this mom can't move away with your son.

yolo222's picture

Not sure why you would marry a woman who had an issue with you contacting your son. That's a major red flag. Why did you continued on with her?

albaguy's picture

Before my eldest was taken abroad, we all enjoyed some activities but never got much time to settle into "daily life". She was so supportive too and helped me through some bad times after he was gone. It seems to have gotten worse and she says he is needy and not a nice kid etc. I know kids have their moments but after everything he's been through he's well balanced and has a healthy attitude and I enjoy my time with him as does he. I can't help but wonder if my wife just saw some end goal in mind or if she's jealous. I just don't know. I've explained she gets me 310 days a year. My eldest bio only gets about 55.

I don't think I can be with her now knowing that she's basically admitted she doesn't like him, or I'm not sure if it's because she's exhausted with the newborn.

Disneyfan's picture

"We have a baby. The trips to Europe are causing arguments. My wife now admits that she has never liked my bio-son."

This woman should have never married nor had a child with this man. She knew she didn't like his son and knew that he traveled to visit him each month.

She knew damn well what she was getting into before she married this man. She waited until after they were married to reveal her feelings about his son. Then she has the nerve to toss out the You should have known comment when he questioned her.

This woman is the type of bio SM who wants her new husband to play daddy to her kid while pushing his out of the picture.

LochnessStepMonster's picture

There are big parts of the story missing here.

1. Trying to guilt your wife in to staying around your bio is not going to help. You seemed to have all this patience and did all this research with your bio but you haven't done the same for your wife. It sounds as if you expect your wife to just get on board with everything you do. It also seems like you have made major parts of your life to just you son. Its like you have no room for a wife and new child and step kid. Your life is just bio son and you give what ever is left to the family you happen to co habitate with.

If she wants to stay out of the house when your son is around let her. She doesn't see your son the same way you do. She is not his parent. So where you see small misgivings she doesn't. If all her interactions with him have been bad then you need to work on your son and not his step mother.

Disneyfan's picture

OP, if you decide to stay with this woman, I hope you treat her son the same way she treats your son.

If it's OK for her to avoid your child, then she should be just fine with you avoiding hers.

Disneyfan's picture

But those trips started in 2015. They didn't get married until a year later. :?

He says she started resenting the monthly trips before they were married. So she knew what was going on and how she felt about it. She should have said something then. She should have ended it then. Hell, he should have ended things then.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Agree with most posters. You are not reporting some vital parts of the story probably because you don't see them.

But you can surely see THIS: Who picked two unreasonable, angry, crazy women?

Is the question better formulated like this: Who drove two previously attractive, lovable women nuts?

In either case, the answer is you, my friend, you.

You may like to add individual counseling to your schedule if you can squeeze it in between the gaming and skyping. Do you ever change diapers? We haven't heard you mention anything about your dedication to your newborn's needs or your feelings about this child. Do you think Mama notices the same thing? Do you think that would enrage her to distraction? You're fine missing baby's first Christmas so you can play SuperMario in a hotel room with European child?

Yes, yes, she kicked you out first. You had "no choice." Buuuuuuut, you had absolutely no role in what drove her to toss you?

Either fix your picker or fix your behavior.

BTW, fixing your picker may not be necessary since juggling this intercontinental family with 2 angry women is not conducive to you having any future relationship work out too well anyway. You're best off figuring this one out.

Start by stop judging your wife's feelings and try to address your own behavior instead.

Disneyfan's picture

Oh come on. The man missed Christmas with the baby because she threw him out of the house. I willing to bet he wanted to spend the day with both of his kids.

I agree the OP seems to be a Crazy Chick magnet.

Rags's picture

Sometimes the person we think we are marrying is merely a façade. It appears that your STB2ndXW is one of those. Do what you can to protect yourself and both of your sons from this toxic woman.

Get a lawyer and get to court NOW. Establish your rights to time with your youngest child and do what you can to mitigate the influence of his toxic mother.

I do feel for you in this situation.

Good luck and take care of you and your boys.