You are here

I must be stupid

NotsoPerkyanymore's picture

I know I am being a doormat. I guess I need to type it here to be able to face it. I married a woman 16 yrs younger than me....I just turned 48. It was against every rule I had..I work with her, she is young, she had/has young children.
Anyway, we had lots of fun together and soon moved in. When I first met her she told me her children were horrible. Her words, not mine. Her kids were pretty horrible, they rule the roost. Her oldest being the worst. He was 9 then and is now 13.
Let me step back a minute. Maybe there are some issues with her as well. We have been together 4 years now. In those 4 years, she has got up with the kids twice. She has made their lunches 3 times. She gets everything she wants, as do they. I have not been able to see clearly out of one eye for over a year now, but I dont go get my eyes checked cuz the kids always need something. Yet she has almost 100 pair of shoes.

SS has been so abusive(verbally) that I just wanna punch his big fat head. She never wanted her kids to hate her, so no matter how they behave, they get everything they want. She started to see this and SS is now in counseling, altho has only been once so far.

I should be fair, he abuses everyone, me, his mom, his grandma, his siblings, but as I told her..EVERYONE else can do something about it but me. I am told to not say anything, etc.

Today he asked me to take him canoeing. I told him No. Not until he started treating me like a human being. She got all over me as if I should take him after he told me just yesterday that he hates me and everything is my fault. Mind you he screams at me with no punishment, hits walls, does as he pleases.

I work for CPS....so this stuff scares me even more. He has ODD I have been telling her. One day of counseling and it was brought up to her that he probably does. This is usually caused by bad parenting.

I think I might be just venting here. As I ramble on. I know I should leave. But as my Mom says, "You always want to save someone at teh expense of yourself". I must be doing just that. I will probably find the strength to go..but damn I will miss the other two!

The kids Dad is a scumbag. He pays 200 a month for support..smokes pot in front of them...swears in public at their games..etc. She works as well but makes less than me and has TONS more. She doesnt FEEL like getting up to see them off. She doesnt FEEL like making lunches, just let the buy she says. She was very poor before me...living with a relative, now she acts like she was born with a sliver spoon in her mouth.

H egot with my wife when she was 17 and he was in his late 20s....he cheated on her and is now with his ex best friends daughter..who he hooked up with when she was 17 and now he is in his late 30s

Orange County Ca's picture

You are sacrifcing an eye?????

Holy crap - you need to check into a mental hospital.

Your need for acceptance is overwhelming reality. Seriously get professional counseling the day after you move out.

For Christs sake.

Again...I cant see well out of one...probably just need glasses. I am not sacrificing an eye. I am going without so others get what they need. Unfortunately it is no longer the needs, but all teh wants to.

I see the idiocy in this and will do something about it soon.

Well it appears we are done. I will never be a stepparent again for as long as I live, unless they are grown.

Now I am even more stupid. For some reason I am still here. SS has counseling on Tuesday and I am hoping to god that something there helps put a stop to this madness!