You are here

Ha HA!!!! Update to BM wanting my Cake recipe!!!!!

Halgsmom's picture

http://steptalk.org/node/42854#new
See above for previous post AND recipe

So, SSs birthday is today. He is with BM until this evening. We did call to say Happy Birthday and we asked if he got the cake he wanted from his BM (MY recipe) SS says.... "Um, um.... (whispers) um, NO, it was too hard."

HA HA HA HA!!! I should NOT be gloating, I know. I should be bummed for SS because he didn't get the cake he wanted.... And I am a little bummed for him BUT I am SOOOO happy it is going to be ME to make it for him now.... I am happy as hell that BM said it was too hard for her. I know I will be struck down for being happy she failed but I cannot help it right now. }:)

She will still be in my home next weekend and she will be able to eat the cake I will be making. I hope SS enjoys it!!!

Hatecopycats's picture

I read your previous blog the other day when you posted it.....haha...I'm not at all surprised BM didn't make the cake and it was too hard for her...

You checkmated her butt....good for you. You were kind, gracious and generous and you ate the bigger person.

She must be feeling like a real jerk by not making the cake

caregiver1127's picture

Of course she would not be able to make it - it is not just taking a box out of the cupboard adding water and eggs - so you make that cake extra special next weekend and gloat all you want - you deserve it!!

Halgsmom's picture

Thank you!!! I WILL!!!!

For the record, BM DID bake a cake. And she sent a piece of it for SD. It is TWO layers, one chocolate, one white cake... with Chocolate frosting and SPRINKLES!!! YAY!!! THAT totally compares to what her son asked for when he asked for a Chocolate pumpkin cake that came from a magazine and is more than a box mix!!! Maybe I will make TWO cakes and one of them will be my checkerboard cake..... }:)

Last-Wife's picture

i think most of the time we win by being the bigger person... Yah! I am so happy it worked out this way for you!

anabihibik's picture

I'm trying not to feel like I'm in competition with FSS's mom, but sometimes, it is really hard. I finally met her two Fridays ago, and she was a lying itch. But, I know I got to her because when she picked him up last Sunday to take him clothes shopping, I made sure he ate a well-balanced lunch before he left. I made halibut, pineapple, and salad. As FDH walked him out to the car, he told BM that FSS had had lunch. FSS pipes up with "We had fish! It was awesome!" So, on Monday, BM called FDH and asked him to pick him up a little later than the normal time because she wanted to make sure he ate a "healthy dinner" before he came home. She made some pot pie thing. Then, on Tuesday, she fed him tilapia. His normal meals over there consist of McDonald's, Wendy's, or fish sticks and tator tots. Never fruit or veggies. I found this funny. And, hey, if it helps her feed him better, I'm all for it.

I'm going to try your cake, too. Sounds awesome.

Halgsmom's picture

I do my best not to be in a pissing match with the kids BM but, as you said, sometimes it is hard... or impossible. She is the one who is normally like that with me and SHE HATES ME. She has ALWAYS HATED ME. I never wanted to take her place, and I do NOT mean to toot my own horn, BUT I AM a better Mother than her, even to HER kids. My SD hates her BMs guts and has said it is sad that she knows I love her more than her own BM and I take better care of the skids. Sad

I cannot believe she asked for MY cake recipe and then didn't follow through.... but actually I should not be surprised. That is her all day long, NO FOLLOW through. Ever.

I AM REALLY really glad she didn't make it though.

I hope everyone here enjoys the cake, it IS really really yummy!!!!

DewDrop's picture

The way I read this, BM baked the cake and it turned out not edible - "too hard". Either way, hilarious!

Halgsmom's picture

When SS came home last night I asked him what happened with the cake. He told me that his BM did not have "the ingredients to make it and she said it was too hard!" I take that to mean she didn't even try when she read my email with the recipe in it. DUMB! JUST DUMB.

CANTSEEMTOGETIT's picture

This is hilarious!!!!!!!! Makes my day!! Guess I'm going to be struck down with ya!!!! Bahahahahaha!!!!

purpledaisies's picture

I looked the recipe up and it didn't seem that hard to me. I could so do that and I'm not too big on cooking. }:)