You are here

The Wii and the Lock

AngrySO's picture

Early on in Dumbass's Occupy Living Room set up, my brother in law, who lives with us, had a Wii out in the living room where Dumbass resides.

Dumbass proceeds to text his uncle and ask him if he can hack or do something to the Wii. Obviously Uncle gave him a very stern no.fucking.way. response and he figured that was that.

Later the next day, Uncle sends my wife a text with the following" If Dumbass can't keep his hands off my things after I told him no, he's going to have to find somewhere new to live." My wife was a little taken back because Uncle is never confrontational, and new that he wouldn't say something unless it was serious.

So what did Dumbass do you might be wondering?

He ended up hacking the Wii and deleting a lot the stuff that Unlce had on it. Dumbass thought that Uncle would be gone the next day and that he could just reset it before Uncle used it again. He didn't count on Uncle just unplugging the Wii and taking it upstairs to use on his tv. When Uncle realized what happened he was livid and asked Dumbass why he would do that. Dumbass replied that he was sorry and that because he was unemployed he had a lot of time on his hands and he's depressed etc, so he just decided to do it.

He cried to his mother the entire time he was explaining himself. He was 20 at the time.

To this day Uncle still lives with us, but has decided to keep his room under lock and key so no one could go in since then.

caninelover's picture

Dumbass's excuses are pathetic.  Why even ask if he was just going to do it anyway?  Ridiculous.

I don't blame you for being frustrated with him - it is a full house and I would be annoyed not having a useable living room for this long.

Not sure it matters but why is brother-in-law also living there?

AngrySO's picture

When my wife and I first met she had just recently relocated to Florida and they were living together and installed in what is now our home. I never really made an issue of him being there,partly because he was there first and secondly we all had opposite schedules since he worked nights. So he was and is rarely home. But as it turns out we are truly Bro-in-Laws because we get along great, watch sports together, and he's the only other friend that I have here.

To be frank I dont want him to leave.

Rags's picture

If SS can't keep his hands off of his Uncle's stuff, the good for the Uncle for fixing the problem while baring the ass of .... "The Dumbass".

Hopefully your BIL is paying his share and contributing to the support of the household.

The real questions is.... is why is "Dumbass" still there?  And... why haven't you reclaimed the LR from him?  Stop retreating and go on the offensive.  He spends his time in his room and not monopolizing the LR.

Grow some sack man.