You are here

Took me 6 months but think I have finally made it!

Frustratedlady's picture

When I first joined this board I had so wished that I had found this site sooner. Seeing that I joined right after I just left H and his horrible attachments (adult step sons, BM and negative friends). I have hung onto this site namely because it kept my sanity in check and it has been a great place to vent when I have felt weak. Plus when I first joined a lot of other members asked me to stick around as encouragement to others.

Well here goes fellow members...life can go on even better. Yea when I first met H, I totally had my life together as a single woman. I had raised two great well adjusted children. Had been in a marriage of 17 years but to which had it's own emotional baggage. Managed to hold my head up high and move on buying my own nice home and not dependent on anyone. Met H and gave up most then with the drama of his spawns and stress lost most everything else. Lost my job, lost a lot of friends and even lost my looks. I was not the same person at all! 6 months out of the hell....don't have a really nice place but have for sure made it a home. More importantly no drama is allowed PERIOD! I have an awesome job even better than the one I lost. I am getting to spend more enjoyable time with my kids and g'babies. And slowly my looks are coming back. Life is good!

I also learned this past weekend H is asking all around about me. Been told he is missing me but that doesn't matter.

Now my goal should be to break out of my shell, be the one to file for the divorce and completely move on.

Easylikesundaymornin's picture

Things happen for a reason ~ hold on to fate !!!

You are moving in a positive direction ~ good for you !!!

Orange County Ca's picture

Really great news but I never doubted you were committed to never going back. Yes file as soon as possible. You can get forms and information on-line with full instructions. As long as there is no contest over money, kids, assets it can be a simple procedure. Just a few hundred bucks.

SugarSpice's picture

good for you. if a marriage causes you to lose who you are, its not worth it. you can file and move on. it will empower you. no one needs to tolerate emotional abuse at the hands of husband and his children.

herewegoagain's picture

Congrats! Thanks for your post. I think it helps many of us. I am starting to really consider this seriously. I have detached and worry a bit, as I just lost my job which paid very well, however, I have been reading a book that has helped me greatly in realizing life does go on…even at my age.

Best of luck to you!!!

K.C.'s picture

I am so glad to hear a success story! I was in the same boat - when I was single I had a nice little place for me and had money in the bank. Now that I am married again? Last 12 years.... suffered major migraines due to stress (never had one in my life before that), sharing a home with the MIL, kids grown and out and I thought we were finally turning a corner but one might ask to move back. Lately it feels like my life has been Hurry Up And Wait. Glad to know you came out the other side on a positive note - feeling good, you have your own place and love your job and feeling pretty!