You are here

Planing Fathers Day For My DH

Lady's picture

I am making plans to have a get together for my DH for fathers day. My DD (28)is very close to DH .They have always gotten all very well .Here is the thing . SK and DILŚ are not the same as DD .SK and the SDIL are rude to my DD .Always have been . DD has tried to get alone with them until she finally had enough and told them to go to hell and that she was done with them. They just wont accept her and SK and DIL are not nice to me either . DD says if I want to invite them to fathers day get together she is ok with it but if they get ugly with her she will let them have it . I am not going to have two different fathers days get togethers . I think I will have my fathers day get together and let them do what they want to after our get together with DH. Either way I do it SKs and DILs will have war on their minds but I dont care . I sure wont have them being nasty to my DD in front of me even tho she is an adult . No way. }:) }:)

ETexasMom's picture

I'm having the same issue. Only my DD has already told off SDs and SDIL. She finally had enough and all hell broke lose a few weeks ago. As a result me and my children are taking DH out on Friday night, I'm working all weekend, and my kids are going to their dad's Sunday.

Problem is before the big blow up with DD and SDs the plan had been I was working till 3pm but Skids wanted to come over for dinner Saturday night. I told them either DH or them would have to cook. They were going to have him cook out, I said then you have to bring all the sides. I'm not working 8 hours then making dinner for them. Anyway that was the plan then the blow out happened. OSD isn't talking to any of us and even blocked me and DD on Facebook, MSD is posting passive aggressive post about "family" and "blood" on Facebook and I'm just rolling my eyes, YSD is sending me hatefully messages constantly. Surely they aren't stupid enough to think they are coming over still!!!!

I asked DH if his kids planned anything new for father's Day since I have no desire to have them at my house. He said not that he knows of. I'm not doing it! I refuse to call and confirm or schedule anything with them!

NOT MY CIRCUS, NOT MY MONKEYS!

robin333's picture

I gave up organizing anything for DH and skids for father's day. They just signed the card and took credit for the gift I had purchased anyway. They are 21 and 18- screw it, they can do their own thing. Which they won't if last year is a repeat.

Instead, my DD and I will get DH a gift and make the day special for him.

Your skids are adults, right? You have zero obligation to plan stuff for them to honor your DH on Father's day.