You are here

UPDATE on that Christmas gift....

rahrah2019's picture

So guess who's getting that $1700 gaming system anyway? BM (who doesn't have a job, is separated from her husband) sold a vehicle so she could buy SS exactly what he wanted. She suggested we just contribute to it.

I told DH how ridiculous it was, and said whatever. Told him we could only contribute $300. Reminded him how six months ago everyone was wringing their hands trying to figure out why SS is withdrawn, has no friends, no social life, is lazy. BM even wanted a psychological evaluation done on him. She's the one who needs the eval (I mean really, how do you not see how your parenting choices have impacted your child's quality of life)....but I digress.

So we are contributing the $300 toward the computer. I wasn't too happy about this, but I'm certainly not going through the effort of finding him something else for Christmas. So I just let it go.

IT IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

I wish I could just love Christmas for one year.

I love dogs's picture

$1700 for a computer?? :jawdrop: That's almost 2 mortgage/ rent payments for a woman who doesn't have a job! And she still doesn't have enough to swing it herself? Someone isn't prioritizing.

Is your H getting recognition for chipping in? I'd just stay quiet like you and be happy you don't have to worry about any more Xmas presents for skid.

rahrah2019's picture

That's what I thought. Hell if I'd be broke with no job prospects to give an ungrateful kid something so big.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Holey old socks!!! At this point, I'd be separating my finances from his and he can contribute all by himself next year.

My DH and I NEVER combined finances. We each pay our share of the bills. The rest of the money is ours to do with as we please. Which, right now, is paying off a bunch of medical bills and that the skids are gettin' nuttin' for Christmas. }:)

rahrah2019's picture

If I ever found out that DH gave more than the $300, I would do exactly that. As it is, we were going to give the $300 in one form or another, so...meh, better I don't have to come up with a different gift, even though I recognize how ridiculous it is.

It just blows my mind that this kid has the audacity to ask for something so huge, and then gets it. Only thing he needs to get is a job.

BethAnne's picture

Something’s fishy here....I am never happy when cash is handed over to BM for something “for sd”. More often than not that money is spent elsewhere. Surely no one is stupid enough to sell their car and to spend that amount of money on their child’s Christmas gift when she has no job. I think the high price tag is a scam by BM and ss to get cash out of your husband. See now, BM won’t be able to afford the full price of the games system on her own so will have to buy ss something of much lesser value, your husband (and you) will be blamed and she will keep the difference for herself. Just the prediction of a cynical stepmom!

Aniki-Moderator's picture

BethAnne, I agree. BioHo used to send SDthen16 over to our house to screech at DH that he needed to give Mommmmmmeeeeeee more money because SD needed a $200 dress for prom. With what DH was paying in CS, BioHo could have afforded that $200 dress every freaking month and still have HUNDREDS left over.

IMHO, these pricey items are just a way to give the NCP the shaft. Especially those who are already living close to the bone paying C$.

rahrah2019's picture

Nah, he will get the computer. This is a child who has been given everything he has ever asked for. I've known him for over six years, and I've never heard him been told no for nothing. He is the center of the universe.

Still not saying I'm necessarily "happy" about the arrangement, just that I believe what's transpiring is legit. And trust me, I'm as cynical as they come. My spidey senses are pretty good when it comes to BM's antics. I can usually pick out when she's full of shit.

Yeah, she's really that dumb.