You are here

So I found SD13 on Myspace...

stormabruin's picture

DH's nephew recently found SS16 on Myspace and they became friends. I had done searches for SS16 and SD13 several times but never did find them. Apparently they haven't been on there long. In looking at SS16's profile, I discovered BM has a profile under her maiden name. After trying to locate SD13 in his friends by name (he has 217 friends), I happened to spot her picture. It turns out I couldn't find her searching by name, because her profile is listed also with BM's maiden name.

For the sake of DH's feelings, I didn't point it out. SS16 has pictures of his mom all over his page with her listed as his hero. No mention of dear old dad, so DH was obviously hurt and wanted to see no more. In searching on my own time, I was able to figure out SS16's password and found my way to SD13's profile, where she has her screen name listed as "Sexi-Bytch". Her profile states she is 16 years old, and she has a Youtube video posted on her page where she and her best friend (12 years old, but claims to be 15 on the video) give out their email addresses and cell phone numbers and make the request to viewers, "If there's anything you'd like to see us do, just email us or text us or call us, and tell us".

I don't know if BM is aware of what's happening. She's friends with both kids on the website, so there's no reason for her not to know. I haven't said anything to DH about it, because as far as they know, I don't have access to see their pages.

There are things SD13 has on her page that DH would be hurt by...comments she's made about him & me.

Being that BM has access to their pages, I feel like she's allowing them to post whatever they want to (she doesn't tell them no to anything) so I don't feel like anyone approaching her about it would do any good. Any thoughts?

Jsmom's picture

How would you feel if something happened to SD? You knew and didn't do anything. You will be the bad guy here, regardless of what you do and how you handle it. But, somebody needs to step up here and you are probably it.

Been here with SD13 lying about age and everything. Your husband needs to get a pair and stop this. He can contact Facebook and Myspace and they will eventually shut it down. It just takes awhile.

startingover2010's picture

she'll just make more profiles. this is what sd11 is doing. the best thing is to stop her from being on the pc, but it seems u cant, so just show dh and tell him to handle it. if he doesnt then u tried.