You are here

Petty but would it bother you?

alittlepinot's picture

BM (after 3 years) still has photos of DH on her fb page and the captions are things like "the love of my life, my dream come true, etc" They are old photos but she also has a bunch of photos of my step kids who she's not allowed to contact or speak to. DH and BM were never married.

I just find it creepy that the vast majority of her photos are of DH and his kids. I sort of want to ask him to ask her to take them down but it will probably cause a fight that isn't worth it but I guess I am feeling territorial. That is MY family (love my older skids it is HER kids that is the problem BM1 and DH's kids are awesome) and that is the love of MY love not your skank. Get your own life!!

misSTEP's picture

I've had to train and restrain myself from looking at BM's FB wall. Just pisses me off. My skids are aged out now and there is no reason for me to do thing that I KNOW will make me upset.

Take solace in the fact that people who know her IRL will think she is at least odd because of it.

AllySkoo's picture

I'd think it was really sad, but it wouldn't bother me. You can't control her. Neither can your DH. The only person you can control is you, so if it bothers you, don't look. It's about all you can do.

alittlepinot's picture

All true. I don't really look at her page ever, I have her blocked but my SIL told me about it today so I wandered over to take a peak. It's just weird but it is true that people IRL look at it and probably think it's sad and pathetic too that gives me some bizarre gratification! Lol

I'm not even going to say anything to him about it, it's not worth it on any side of it. Him, her, skids, or myself not worth my time.

Thanks! Smile

msg1986's picture

Is it petty? Very much so. Don't look at her page though. I learned this the hard way. I once googled Bm's name and a photo album on photo bucket came up. I got curious and clicked on it. The first picture that popped up was Dh. Thankfully it was just him but they were obviously still together when the picture was taken . My stomach sank and I immediately closed the page and never went back. It's not worth the stress to even consider looking at it. She's pathetic for having that still listed, let her bask in her lame glory.

Mikhaila87's picture

It is petty, the BM blocked me on fb...not sure why however she clearly unblocked me to stalk me and I noticed I could see her profile. soon as I realised. I blocked her. I don't want her seeing what I get upto. No matter how strong my urge is to stalk her, my privacy is worth more. Just block her then you can't stalk. Preventative actions!

hippiegirl's picture

Yes it's irritating, but not really worth the battle. She's just making a fool out of herself, anyhow.