You are here

people on steptalk are sexist

teamventure09's picture

every thread i read is about how other step moms specifically would deal with such and such scenario. ever thought of labeling it step parents in general instead of always step moms? you know there are plenty of step dads that are in the same shoes as you who could provide valuable info the only difference is that they're male. people on step talk need to quit being sexist and include the males here.

kk's picture

kk Talk away as most of the posts are from moms not dads and therefore our experiences would love to hear your views.

stepmom008's picture

It's definitely not an intentional thing - it just seems that most of us are female. I, for one, as I'm sure most other stepmoms on here do, LOVE IT when we see postings from men. I know it gives me perspective, to see things from a man's point of view Smile

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

belleboudeuse's picture

I agree, I always read guys' posts b/c they are so rare. Please be very vocal!!!

BB

You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. - 2BLoved

teamventure09's picture

k yes i did whine a bit. but hey this sight was made for whining right. i guess you're all not so sexist after all. just thought i'd get everyones attention.

Rags's picture

Maybe instead if Stalkers we should refer to ourselves as Swhine!

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)

soverysad's picture

Please don't be offended. Rags and some of the other guys (except Kevin the Man) know they're welcome here and their advice and perspective is MUCH APPRECIATED!!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" and you can't change crazy!!

Kevin The Man's picture

I sincerely believe you would be amazed at the women that ask for my advice!! Amazed!

Kevin The Man

soverysad's picture

Trust me when I tell you, that nothing in this life amazes me.

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"

Kevin The Man's picture

Ironically you judgement of me is simply amazing, almost Christ/Nazi/Ego like, simply amazing. You ALL state as women you want men's advice but when they speak up, there is a pit, a spit, and a fire burning for their every written word. I am amazed that this site has not self imploded from the amount of estrogen riddled argument that has been absorbed by the 1's and 0's depicted here in simple binary.

Amazed's picture

I think the hardest part about getting advice from men is sometimes they don't understand why a hurting woman needs sensitivity and tact...

***there is also a huge pit,a spit, and a fire burning when other women on the site begin to show excessive harshness and insensitivity in their replies. They get attacked too so it's not aimed specifically at the men.

"Venting without the desire to look within and improve your situation is simply venting to hear yourself bitch."

..."I'm not mean, you're just a sissy."

"If they sold clues at Walmart,I'd be first in line to get one for DH" ~the lovely Jbee~

soverysad's picture

See Kevin, you're generalizing. I never judged. I simply made a joke regarding your reference to women and asked you to go away because you were being offensive. There is simply no need for name-calling. Most of the women on here have given and accepted advice from the other men on this site, myself included. There is at least one woman on here (that I can think of) who gets blasted and has had more venom spewed her way than you have. She is still here doling out advice and sometimes it is good advice despite the fact that she is abrasive, blunt and generally unlikeable. I am more interested in venting than receiving advice. My dh does not guilt parent. He does not treat me badly and does not allow his child to treat me badly. My vents are generally bm and in-law related. Perhaps you'd be less likely to offend if you would quit generalizing. You're accusing ALL women of doing something, you, yourself are guilty of doing. And I'm not amazed by you or your opinions. I've been through too much trauma in my life to be amazed or to care what a complete stranger thinks of me. If I vent and receive advice, I take it for what it is: advice. I either use it or ignore it. I don't call any one names because of it.

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"

Kevin The Man's picture

And so you realize my draw to return to this site in that women seek out MY advice. I was not generalizing and if it I was, to a degree, then 'they' know whom they are. I find myself to be a natural leader and often am put into a position of teaching. I see others take a word or two of my advice and move mountains. Hence, when I am asked several times to return to this site and offer a males perspective, I submit. Yeah, break out the hand-cuffs. I have never claimed to be some kind of expert but it seems as though my male attitude has a lot of women asking me what I think because my take on things most likely mirrors or closely reflects their SO's thoughts.I offer support and although in the end I was shunned, I think others know I would never do that to them.

soverysad's picture

*like*.

And for the record, I am not sure how you can say "I don't mean to generalize", when you capitalized ALL in your post. Clearly, you meant to generalize.

Seriously, I am bored with you Kevin the Man. I made an effort here to help you understand it from a different point of view, but you're unwilling to ACCEPT advice. You only want to GIVE advice. You just want to believe you're here to be our savior in some way. Perhaps you will give one person on here the advice they need. Who am I to say otherwise? Just remember not listening to your advice or not agreeing with it does not make us sexist, it means we disagree with YOU as PERSON, not as a male.

belleboudeuse's picture

Okay, I don't want to get drawn into this. But Kevin, I would really like you to post the list of members who have asked you to return to the site and offer a male's perspective.

BB

You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. - 2BLoved

DISbelief's picture

Wasn't me!!! That is for DAMN sure!

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink

Amazed's picture

*sigh* ok ok...I'll admit it...it was me...i put on my sexy princess Leia slavegirl outfit and begged him to come back. Wink

"Venting without the desire to look within and improve your situation is simply venting to hear yourself bitch."

"If they sold clues at Walmart,I'd be first in line to get one for DH" ~the lovely Jbee~

soverysad's picture

*like*

DISbelief's picture

I shoulda known BBB... that's just like you to go after the crazy stalkers... what with the "Brittish accent" that he has found since he left? Maybe he moved to London for a bit like "Rose" on "Two and a Half Men"... she was a crazy stalker too ya know. At least she was nice about it though... never heard the word "cunt" out of her mouth.

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink

Amazed's picture

*sob* I can't help it! It's a sickness!

lol

Denial's picture

"And so you realize my draw to return to this site in that women seek out MY advice"

If specific women truely seek your advice - why don't you just give it to them individually instead of clogging up the entire forum with your arrogance. I've seen several of your posts today here and there - it would appear you are just thirsty for attention and controversy. And awful damn full of yourself in the process.

*****male, female, doesn't matter - an a$$ is an a$$*****

Denial's picture

I've been sitting here & checking back all day - waiting for the list of followers BB suggested he post.

Stick's picture

Awww TeamVenture.. don't get your panties in a Wad!!! Wink Is it that time of month??? Can I offer you a midol?

EEEEEkkkk - I HAD to say it.. You know??? I just had to!!

Please keep posting.... we definitely need some testosterone around here, and I think I am starting to lose some of mine...

*** A rainbow just threw up on me... and now I'm sh*tting glitter! ***

unbelieveable's picture

Last time I checked we do have a stepdad around here somewhere...where is he? He used to post often. We would welcome Stepdads...a lot just don't post.

Nemo's picture

A post from a step dad would be very much appericated! We don't get enough of them around here and we like hearing from the guys!

Richberg's picture

I'm not really a step Dad because I am not Married but I have that role because I live with a GF who has 2 girls - 11 & 15 . . I am new to this site and have spent the day reading , it consumed me to read more & more .. I feel like I need someone or some where to vent or find answers , so when I was reading I thought I would write something but wasn't sure where to start .. Then I cam to this page and was hoping to meet and vent with you all ..

I feel like I'm living in a drama relationship with No real direction or belonging .. I have my own share of issues & faults as well as with my GF and with her kids and Ex .. almost like our own soap opera .. The days of MY life .. LOL I am not sure what or how to start , but the reason that brought me to find these Forums is I feel my relationship with my GF is deteriorating because of things I did , done and my involvement with and towards her kids ..
I have 2 kids of my own ( girl 21 & boy 18 ) they don't live with me and I was that weekend Dad , Not proud of it but there Mom an I were better separated and I have a great relationship with my kids , more with the boy and now getting better with my 21 yr old girl... I was Married once to a Lady with 3 boys and I didn't have much problem with the kids , My daughter on the other hand didn't like my wife , I think that where my daughter & I went south , amongst other reasons of me not giving or doing things with her that we use to do since I got Married .. I since feel like we reconnected and am working hard to rebuild with my daughter what I screwed up . .

since my divorce I was single for 2 yrs , I met the GF I have now and built a relationship , we were totally about each other , I was able to see her every other weekend because of how it worked out for her kids to go with their dad , that would be our time , which I looked forward to , then it came to the meeting the girls , maybe 5 -6 months after we met .. Things seem good between us and she was someone I could relate to with our past Lack of stories , So once her Ex found out about me and I was introduced to him , things changed with how he was towards my GF and started being the jerk he once was that made her want Nothing to do with him , she was with him for 20 yrs , married 16 , he would give her a hard time with just about everything he could regarding the girls , he even stopped giving $$ for his obligations .. The whole story on him is another whole page alone , the dead beat loser , I gone to court with her almost once a month for 6-8 months strait just so she could bring him in on his child support , I attended so many with her because of a restraining order she had to take against him for reasons you wouldn't believe .. he manipulates the girls minds and says things to be against their Mom , its so sad and terrible ..

But my reason for finding this site is to get outside opinions , except it seems to be on many things going on in my relationship ..the girls are generally good kids but they have many issues of their own from Dad and from the divorce and the age factor plus gender stuff that I just dont get .. I feel like I don't belong in this Family because we are different in so many ways , plus I am with their Mom and its not Dad , then the 11 yr old has moods where she is for you in front of you and will dis you quick when behind your back , she said once to my GF , " why is he happy all the time " referring to me , they don't seem to do well with happiness , I got that vibe a long time ago but thought it had to do with the divorce , the 15 yr old has her own agenda every day , and it doesn't involve Family at all , she out right says it when we try to plan a simple trip to the movies , she doesn't seem to want to do anything with her Family , she is Boy crazy and that makes me weird , her Dad is NO help with that , One time he allowed her to have a boy sleep over his house when he had the girls over for the weekend and didn't want the girls to let Mom know about it , but we found out and he didn't see a problem with it , she was 14 at the time , I woke up one time to find a boy hiding in her room , that really pissed me off that someone was able to sneak into my home undetected , plus the fact the she would even do that ..

I could go on & on with examples , There is a side of me that wants out to be away from all this cause its Not my problem , but the other side of me feels like If I came into this relationship knowing she had baggage , I should be there foe her as her partner , how to make the decision of whats right , exceptionable , or worth holding on to .. I can say I had hard feelings for her until things kept presenting themselves , whether from the Ex or the kids or from her .. I almost know what I want to do but I feel guilt of abandonment to her for some part and part of me doesn't want to make that my problem ..

lisa1971's picture

I understand right where you are coming from. Does she discipline the girls? Does she get upset at you if you discipline them? this has been a issue in my past with SD but I never got upset at him for getting onto my kids because i trusted his judgement and felt secure that he would not do anything to my kids that he wouldnt do to his own. But needless to say over a period of time I have have times where I did speak up because it was like a one way street and his daughter never did wrong and it still is pretty much that way. I know how you feel about thinking you need to get out of the stress but then there is like a since of guilt or something and I also feel I would miss him and what if i seen him with another woman. I WOULD HAVE TO KILL HER LOL. I hope things do work out I just wanted to let you kmow that you are not alone. I have alot of the same questions that you do. Hope to be able to keep in touch maybe we can inspire one another, you never know GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS..... I love reading these forums because then I dont feel like I am the only one with this kind of problem

anita...sigh's picture

Welcome Richberg

One thing you will learn about on this site is "disengagment". Works just as well for the men as it does the women. It just might be the ticket for you.

We all smile in the same language

Constantly_guilty's picture

OOOHHH, Goody! I LOVE blanket generalizations. Me too. I think all people from Kansas have halitosis.

Rags's picture

Hellooooooooo!!!!!!!! I am a guy. At least until this estrogen rich environment gets my panties in wad.

The only times I have to deal with wadding panties is when I get in to the wrong underwear drawer early AM on a Monday or when I finally catch my wife and I toss her's accross the room. Arr, arrr, arrrrr!

Best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)

Stick's picture

Sorry Rags!! I see you over there and Jon-Boy too!! I should have wrote ... "We need some MORE testosterone around here"!!!

Panties - My husband is back on the road, but he was home for Christmas. So I was finishing up laundry the other day and was folding his skivvies (the nice boxer brief kind - LOVE those!!) and I just lifted them up to my face and smelled them. I just missed him! Of course, they were clean, so they didn't smell like anything except for fabric softener! But ahhhhhh ..... panties across the room.... Made me smile!

*** A rainbow just threw up on me... and now I'm sh*tting glitter! ***

soverysad's picture

We do love the testosterone Rags!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" and you can't change crazy!!

Kevin The Man's picture

I have to state, in all seriousness, MEN, if you think that this site is help full, you need to be wary. There are women here that hate your XY chromosome and will project their every ounce of hatred toward men, toward you, at the slightest given opportunity. Be Warned!!

Kevin The Man

Amazed's picture

Aww Kevin, come on man...that's not very nice

Wicked.Step.Monster's picture

Have you stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, it's only you Kevin?

Rags's picture

Come on Kevin. I have found no consistent male specific bashing in Stalker land other than the occassional teasing.

If you look at the overall activity in this community the overwhelming majority of the ire expressed is against women (BMs/SMs) by women.

Think of it as a large ongoing cat fight. Wink BMs Vs SMs primarily with a few guest appearances of complaints about spinless placating husbands or BFs.

Best regards,

Kevin The Man's picture

Have you or any of your 'buddies' shown ME anything but that?? What is the story behind Bear??

Amazed's picture

I think it turned really sour when you sent a pm calling a member a c*nt...it's just a guess though.

So...how are things?

Kevin The Man's picture

I wrote cunt. Please do not rob me of my rants. Things are very good, life is simple and I think that the women that either have me in their life or simply want me in their lives are good people that I can learn a lot from. Having come from a relationship where dice are rolled, I seem content to see myself as a person of worth and seek out only very secure and confidant women that mirror myself. I guess the major goal for me is to have a friend, a partner that sees things as I do and NOT end up as all of my friends and family. I want better. Quality over quantity if you will.

Kevin The Man

Amazed's picture

ok. if you want to be crude in your rant...I shall not try to rob you of that right.

"I guess the major goal for me is to have a friend, a partner that sees things as I do"

So, basically you want an exact duplicate of yourself except with a vagina and breasts...

I can totally understand the desire for something "better" and quality is always a good thing.

Kevin The Man's picture

I am sorry I did not understand the question, do you not also wish to be with a person that sees things as you do, have a common voice and focus, and wish only to grow old with that person?? Am I speaking Arabic??

Kevin The Man

Amazed's picture

Arabic...lol funny.

Of course I wish to be with someone that is similar to me as far as focus,goals, and morals are concerned. I must have read your post incorrectly bc it seemed as though you didn't want someone similar...you wanted someone exactly like yourself.

I wouldn't want someone exactly like me...similar is ok...exact is boring bc the other person wouldn't bring anything additional to the relationship other than a duplicate of me.

minerva385's picture

I don't really understand why advice from a man on this site is so much more valuable? Sure, its nice to have a males perspective on occasion. But regardless, advice is advice is advice. It doesn't matter who it comes from, if it fits my situation and I am comfortable with what is suggested, I am going to take it. If it doesn't fit...well, thanks for your input, but I'm going to keep looking.

Amazed's picture

***like***

Rags's picture

It is not that manly advice is any more valuable. It is just a rare commodity in the world of StepParenting communities.

I think Men tend to bring kids to marriages rather than inherit them upon marriage that and the general "don't give a shit"itis that most men deal with on this topic keeps the number of men on STalk to a minimum.

IMHO or course.

Best regards,

belleboudeuse's picture

Amen, Rags.

BB

Christina Marie's picture

*eyeroll* really dude, i never saw anything excluding stepdads, they just havent posted..lets find some stepdads and MAKE them post so he is happy..lol! (but I do believe there is a specifis section in this forum FOR stepdads...)

~Chrissie

Loving Wife to my hubby, Mother and friend to our darlings.