You are here

Need input....ahhh

amybeth33's picture

Ok...so after 5 years I finally disassociated from SS18...bio father (bio mom ran off years ago) has now be forced to take over and deal. SD16 is honestly a joy and I do still parent her. Now that dad is forced to deal with SS18 and his disrespect my stress is lower but I need to know if I'm overreacting to a situation. Now that he has graduated the rules are home by midnight or don't come home at all. Reason being I work two jobs and me and my husband get up at 4am. SS comes home and is loud slamming doors, making noise. He sometimes doesn't come home for days on end. My input is that if you are claiming to live rent free with us, you still have obligations and chores. If you don't want to do your chores then remove your stuff, we aren't a storage shed. He doesn't have a drivers license..works a few days at a part time job. He calls grandparents who say we treat him bad because his sister gets everything she wants while we give him nothing. Actually she gets straight A...does all chores..even his and cooks dinner...and has outside activities..I say she EARNS extras like hair cuts and clothes and a little spending money. When home he just sits in room on video game..doesn't bathe or do chores. I say it's time to make him move out and deal with real world. I also say to grandparents if you think he is treated so bad we will ship him to you..of course they decline. I don't feel he is treated bad he is reaping what he has sowed.