You are here

My step kids get jealous when other kids are around me....

Joanna's picture

I am a young 23yr old step mom with no children of my own. I have been in a relationship for 3 1/2 years to my BF who has 2 children boy(6) & girl(5). My step kids are being "BRAINWASHED" by the biomom in which they are told to be mean to me, hit me, spit on my belongings, not call me step mom, ect ect... Now, I am a former stepchild myself. So I totally understand how the babies feel being in the middle and if they don't obey their mother she will not love them anymore. The twist is that the kids are very open with me like I am there best friend and tell me everything. Which is good! But, sometimes they hurt my feelings so bad to where I want to leave this whole situation and never look back. My BF tends to side with the kids and I feel as though they are ganging up on me. I take care of my family wonderfully. I care for the kids as if they were my own. My PROBLEM is; I dont understand why when I have my step kids cousins around me they get very jealous but when they have me all to themselves they treat me like crap??? What should I do?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!