You are here

LOL- His "roomate"

Viylette's picture

Hi guys,

I have not really posted here much, but I started off with this first post.
http://www.steptalk.org/node/25418
And then followed up with one where my husband moved out without my knowledge the first weekend in May. Classy, huh? So, now he is living across the city in some rat hole, with "roomates".

I just have to tell somebody about his roomates. First, these are friends of his ex-wife. And yes, I am sure she planned his moving out for him. He said he knew the woman about 5 years ago, but he has not really spent time with her recently. So, here is the break down of why I think this a time bomb ticking down to explosion. First, this woman does not have her kids. It takes ALOT for a woman to lose custody of her children esp. living in the bible belt. So, I have to wonder what she did to lose her children. And her boyfriend has not seen his children in YEARS! Secondly, her and her boyfriend apparently, met in rehab a couple of years ago. I understand how someone can go to rehab,and come out better. BUt, two people who have been to rehab, do not need to be together. They need a support system, not someone who could potantially enable bad habits again. And to boot, my husband bartends on the side, so there is alot of alchol around, so he can practice his "craft".

And then, last weekend, the boyfriend got arrested for some outstanding warrants(violent domestic abuse,and multiple other things). LOL. And he is not getting out anytime soon. Great, now you have a single woman living with my husband.

But, let's talk about the single woman. So, this woman works about 30 hours a week, and makes 8.50 and hour. So, she is bringing home approx. 400.00 every two weeks. So, we will just make that 800.00 a month. ;/ So, we have the 800.00, and she has to pay 300.00 (her half of rent), brings us down 500.00, and then the electric bill (150.00), brings us down to 350.00, and then spends at least 200.00 on gas, and that brings us down 150.00, and that is what she has left over for sundry items, and food. WTH! And she does not pay child support, does not pay car insurance, does not pay anything else. I really do not see how he is going to honestly make it with her as a roomate. And if she gets pull over driving her "boyfriends" truck she will be screwed, because she does nto have a license and does not have insurace.

And when I ask him about this he is just say "I know, I will figure out what to do, when the times comes". Argghhh, wth!! You know you have an unreliable roomate, and that is all you say. Just makes me want to beat him about the head with a stick.

And speaking of beating with a stick, let me tell you about his car problems. He bought a car in April,he has yet to pay the taxes and title on it. Another argghh!! The car will not pass emissons, and he a his 2nd temporary tag on it, and it wll run out on Wednesday. If it does not pass emissions he can not get a tag for it,if he does not get a tag for it you can not drive it dumb bunny!! And he just goes, it is not your problem. You know , you are right, but I hate to keep seeing you shot yourself on the foot.

I just see him making one dumb decision after another, and I have to sit back and watch the fallout from it. I wish I could help him, but I can't. He has to learn on his own.

Viylette's picture

LOL - I am doing really good. Trying to refurnish my apartment right now, he really did take everything but the kitchen sink. Still on target with paying off my medical bills. And still working my butt off (95.00 hours a week), but I love my life. Lots of friends and family, and lots of good times to be had.

Oh, and trust me, I am not rescuing him. If, more like when, he fails, and wants to move back in I am just going to say nope. I love you, but I can not deal with your irresponsible behaviour anymore. Time to grow up and be an adult.

I am just waiting for the explosion to happen.