You are here

Impressive things skids did during Halloween.

mama_althea's picture

So what impressive things did your skids do at Halloween?

Regarding trick-or-treating with SD7 at the downtown stores of a small neighboring town:

-Complained the whole way there that we wouldn't have enough time to trick-or-treat, even though she was explained to several times that there would be over an hour to hit about 2 blocks.

-First door we went to a lady drops in a piece of candy, SD looks in the bottom of her bag, looks up, and says "That's it?"

-Couple doors down she comes out and says "All I got was a stupid pencil" (my son came out moments later and said "Yes! I got a pencil!")

-Didn't see what the candy was at another place, but she declared, "I hate these"

-Loudly complained multiple times that it wasn't as good as last year. My quick inventory of the block didn't show any businesses missing from the year before.

-One place had a porch done up like a haunted house and you went in the dark to get your candy- she told other people walking up that it was stupid.

That's all I can remember right now.

Any of you have particular Halloween irritation?

overit2's picture

HA, the most impressive thing SD did was NOT spend it with us!!!! WHEW!! Not THAT was my TREAT right there! Smile

Just my boys, bf and I....of course I had to hear him lament once and he seemed to be in an agressive mood last night picking arguments....BUT at least I was free of the spawn

ThatGirl's picture

Ours was more BM irritation than skid irritation. We switch off on Mondays, this was her Monday to bring SS14 over at 7pm. We live in a very busy trick-or-treat neighborhood, and he was anxious to get to it, and wanted to be able to go around his 18month nephew and sister who live next door to us. Of course he called us after it was already dark in a panic wanting us to come get him because she was coming home late. No way we could do that, with hundreds of kids out in our neighborhood (plus, this his HER drop off day, not ours). She's a teacher, gets off work early afternoon, knows it's her drop off day, knows it's Halloween, and still can't manage to be home on time???

She ends up dumping him off one door down from us, after SD and her family already took off. He had to run around the block to catch up to them. Of course, she did not have him bring all of his stuff for the week (nor did she feed him dinner) and would have to take him back to her house to gather it after trick-or-treating. BM sat there in her car waiting for him to finish, took him back to her house around 9, and didn't bring him back until almost 11pm. She's an idiot!

liks's picture

WELL when the skids came to our house with their big fat blubber of fat and wanting more candy....my Bio Daughter slammed the door in their face...

YAY...COULDNT HAVE DONE IT BETTER MYSELF.

Brats

Unhappy's picture

I actually had a pretty fun Halloween with my BD(7), FSD(6), and FSS(4).

Whenever someone would answer the door after they rang the bell FSS(4) would forget to say trick or treat and would say candy. It was pretty funny. There were a couple of houses that had their lights on but no one was there and FSS would look through the window next to the door and see a bowl of candy and then would loudly annouce, "I see a bowl of candy. Why isn't anyone coming?" He was very entertaining to us and the neighbors that were with us.

My BD(7) was a bit moody. But she has been lately due to her father not really being in the picture.

FSD(6) was great as well.

Overall it was a pleasant but cold evening.