You are here

I think SD26 is mentally ill

Colette's picture

Dh sent her a email with bad news: we are not going to her wedding!! She is alredy married but they want to have a ceremony (they got married last february). She did not called DH on Fathers day, she has not calling him for more that 3 months. Guess who pays for her wedding?? ... yes, DH and I but since she can not even call DH to thanks him for the large amount of money we sent to them, DH just decided not to go. Her husband said she has not read the email yet but that he knows she is going to be very upset because she wants daddy walking her down the aisle!! .. She asked me for mother guidance but she does not answers my phone calls, text mesagess or emails and then her husband complaint to DH: why Colette is rejecting SD?? ... why Colette is not texting her back?.. really?? she has not contact me, she never does, she is the victim, people is mean at her, she is being emocionally abused by us and only her husband and her husband's parents love her!! .. DH believe me and stand by me but hurt me a lot when he ask why SD does not love him as a father?? DH is a wonderful man, he so sweet at my bios and they love him as their own father. She has hurt my feelings for long time and I am done, I do not care about her and her husband, they only want money, is always about them, about what they want, what they need. She said: "Me and my brothers should be priority over anything" ... anything are me and my bios. I do not know what will happen when she read the email but I know I am going to be blame as always and I do not care.

sarah1980's picture

I wouldn't worry your self to much she is making up things to make everyone feel sorry for her..and as for paying her wedding and not saying even thank you she seems very selfish aand self centered to me..Good luck..

Kes's picture

I would stop stressing about it, if I were you. Your DH has made his decision not to attend SD26's wedding - which is his prerogative, especially considering her treatment of him.

Take my advice, send her no more texts, emails, and do not call her. As for the "me and my brothers should be priority over anything" - she obviously has not realised that she has been an adult for 8 years, and she is no more a priority than anyone else - adults realise they need to earn respect by respecting others and not behaving like spoiled babies.

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Is your husband ready to not have a relationship with his daughter for the rest of his life? This is something that she will likely never get over or move past.

Colette's picture

Sarah and Kes, you both are right, I don't have to worry or stressing myself about SD and her Husband, they are selfish and self centered, they have hurt DH feelings and mine a lot. last Year they tried to convince DH that I was a Gold Digger and I only wanted his money but they were so nice at me!! SD pretended to love me but when I found out the ugly truth I was devastated because I trust her!!.. She is mad because she can not control DH and his money. DH knows that she only want money, is all about money. She want her dad to support her and her husband because "I am your only daughter and you have to help me financially". SD never called him, not even on his birtday, father's day or Christmas. When DH want to talk to her, he needs to get an appointment before because she is always busy!!! Acordding to SD I am nothing to him, he does not need a woman in his life, my bios are nothin to him either. When she needs money she gives him the guilty trip (DH kicked her out of the house when she was 19 because she was barely at home, she was sleeping with her boyfriend and when she was at home she was yelling, bitching and disrespecting him because she needed money and want it NOW). DH and I got her a new car, we gave her and her husband the down payment for their house, gave them money for monthly mortgage for 2 months, you name it. We have helped her a lot and she is still ignoring him??
SASM my husband knows that she will be very upset because he would not walking her down the aisle, he says he is ready to not have a relationship with her for the rest of his life, I do not like that, she is his daughter, he loves her but he does not feel loved by her, he feels like a check book for her, every time they talk DH is hurt, mad and dissapointed: I want this, I need that, I want you to do for me ...she is 26 and is married already but still acting like a child.

Delilah's picture

Colette - it seems one of the issues why DH asked her to leave your home when she was 19, was her sense of entitlement and her disrespect. However, imo I think providing her with a car, down payment, paying mortgage payments and her wedding has only served to feed this sense of self entitlement. She is this way because daddy (and you) have enabled it to a degree. She insists you fund her and her DH's lifestyle because you have been. Should she know better and be a better daughter/SD? Absolutely. Her attitude towards you and your children are awful it seems.

Cut that gravy train right now. I would hope your DH would communicate to her his disappointment over her interactions with all of you.

You and DH have given her more than she deserves and now its time for you and DH to ensure you are financially protected from her wrath and for DH to brace himself for her attempts at getting back into his wallet (i.e. grandkids...).

Good luck!

BTW I wouldnt go to the wedding either!

Colette's picture

Thaks girls, DH and I have decided to disengage, we both think is the best for us. We just had a miscarriage (another blog). DH is the most supportive man, a loving father, he understood when I told him about disengaging his daughter and her husband. I am sorry for him, I know he loves her but he say he is done with her and I am not going to anywhere.

Colette's picture

Bingo!! ... your are absolutely right!! .. I am from another country, in my culture if you have lived with your parnert before to get married and you want to have a wedding ceremony so you and your parnert have to pay for all the expenses and the bride does not wear a White wedding dress but DH told that in USA is different, him as a father of the bride has to pay for the ceremony so I accepted and support him ... BIG MISTAKE!! I should have asked for advice to my fellows Steps in ST!!
SD got a White dress, an expensive White dress because ..."that's what makes me happy"
I have been nice and kind at her. I disengage.

Colette's picture

Bingo!! ... your are absolutely right!! .. I am from another country, in my culture if you have lived with your parnert before to get married and you want to have a wedding ceremony so you and your parnert have to pay for all the expenses and the bride does not wear a White wedding dress but DH told that in USA is different, him as a father of the bride has to pay for the ceremony so I accepted and support him ... BIG MISTAKE!! I should have asked for advice to my fellows Steps in ST!!
SD got a White dress, an expensive White dress because ..."that's what makes me happy"
I have been nice and kind at her. I disengage.