You are here

Hello, intro

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

just joined. been watching the site for a while, seems really awesome. step to 13yr old and bio to a 5yr old. oh, and 3 furbabies! having the roughest year ever, ready to head for the hills with my daughter and 3 pups, but maybe i can hold on if i have some support...family doesnt seem to get it, so im sure u guys will!

~~sincerly, Dispirited

emotionaly beat up's picture

We get it. Raising bio kids is hard work, raising step kids is harder, two bio parents can often have different ideas on parenting their own bio kids, so having 3 -4 parents trying to agree on parenting steps and bios and deal with grandmas/grandpas family etc., is damn near impossible UNLESS you are lucky enough to have a husband who is supportive and who either does not have the guilt thing happening, or at least recognizes he does and needs to change. When your 5 year old gets to be 13 she will probably give you lip and grief too, but it is different we all accept and take more from our own children than we do from other peoples.

My old gyno used to say "your own children make music, other peoples make noise"

Truth is even though they are your husbands children, they are also his ex-wifes and therefore other peoples. It can be done, but only if you two can find some middle ground and set boundries for all the kids that you can agree on things should get better.

I have found support on this site that I never thought possible, I hope the same happens for you.

All the best and good luck.