You are here

Have you ever given out this web address to another SM?

HolyShmokey's picture

I was grocery shopping with my SD, who's very vocal, and she told the cashier at the grocery store she has two homes. One with us and one with her mom. The cashier first looked shocked, and then asked me loudly, how I get along with BM and if I like her. I was a little shocked she'd ask me in front of a line of people and my young SD, so I said how we all get along fine for SD's sake (although I could have gone on for days on all the crap we've been through Sad ).

Well, this poor cashier (she was young, too) told me she's a step mom and her and BM hate each other and want to kill each other. I was shocked. I met an actual, live, SM in public!!! I wanted so badly to get her information and give her this web address to vent. Even treat her for a cup of coffee, but, again, there were tons of people there.

Oh well..

Has anyone else met a real live SM and given out this web address?

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

I have a friend who used to be a coworker and she moved out to Arizona with her DH and two kids. Well her DH became a drug addict and abusive and they split. He overdosed and died. She met a teacher with three kids, two of which are teen daughters! She posted on facebook how wonderfu he was and his kids and how they were one big happy family. This was like week one. It was kinda of funny to read all the messages from other stepmoms (all women I don't know) telling her to buy Step MOnster right now. And hell was about to come. And she is steadily deleted our comments and chastising us because she's friends on facebook with the two teen daughters already.

Fast forward its now been a year. My friend walks with a prounounced gait. She has some kind of birth defect with her legs and hips and has had many surgeries. her pain pills were disappearing. They literally caught BM running out the back door of their apartment with her prescription pain pills. and now her facebook posts are about bratty stepson in first or second grade acting up in class, lying, etc and I just laugh. They are in family court fighting his ex dead beat wife all the time. Life is not the perfect blended family she was expecting. I'm tempted to give her this site but I haven't yet. I'm still waiting for "you were right. And you warned me."

HolyShmokey's picture

Haha, No thanks on the BBQ. At first, I got invited several times to go hang out with BM... I, too, passed up the unique offer!

classyNJ's picture

I have a friend who recently moved back to our state and starting dating a guy we all are friends with. He went through a nasty divorce from BM. 6 months later I'm at a ballgame with DH and SS's when I received a call from her. I ignored it twice until I received a text - please please call me - I dont know what to do.

I called her and the poor girl was sobbing so uncontrollably I could barely understand her. She had a run in with the BM. I calmed her down and told her I can try to talk things out with you whenever you need but this SM stuff is learn as you go and the rules change hourly. I gave her this website. She never gave me her user name but I can usually tell when she is having a bad run of it.

hereiam's picture

Yes, I have a friend who has an awful SD, from the leaving used pads around to the sexting. And a DH who buries his head in the sand.

She posted once but I think that's about it.

HolyShmokey's picture

I agree this is a venting site and I do love how it's private! That would be a drawback, for sure. I think I was really shocked that I met a SM, and one who doesn't have it perfect. I'm seriously the only SM I know. Smile

Glassslipper's picture

Yep, Random person once.
Went with sister and mom to get our toes done, both ladies doing our toes were getting remarried, one had adult kids and skids. The other had adult kids and young skids, BM boundaries issues, it was a tough situation for her. And her soon to be DH was telling her that his hanging out with and daily chatting with BM all day long was "normal".
:jawdrop:
We talked the whole time and I gave her the web site, I sure hope she uses it!