You are here

Ex-wife Is harrassing us with continious Children & Youth Complaints

Lee's picture

My husband and I have primary custody of his 15 year old daughter and have had since she was 6 years old. We now have two children together as well. We have gone through two custody trials (which we won) and two appeals filed by his ex-wife (which we won), numerous contempt actions (on her), it's too lengthy to do into. But, now that after her 10 attorneys have spread the word, she can't get an attorney to take her case, she is now resorting to filing complaint after complaint with CYS on us claiming some very sick and twisted things. They have all been closed and deemed unfounded, but the harrassment continues. What rights do we have?

fedupinarkansas's picture

can do is take her to court for defamation of character and harrassment. You can site the unfounded reports with CYS as harrassment as well as defamation of character. Hit it where it hurts. In her wallet. Also talk to your lawyer about it.

If raising children was going to be easy, it never would have started with something called labor!

sixxnguns's picture

His exwife goes online and has called me all kinds of names. She's basically labeled me a drug addict who's looking for a father for MY child, among other not so nice things. I would LOVE to sue her for defamation! BUT I am also just hoping it will go away if I ignore it. I'm thinking she's trying to get a rise out of me to make me look bad for the custody crap fiancee and her are fighting about. It stresses me out but I'm hoping I'll come out as the better person on this one by just acting as if it doesn't bother me...but I think reporting false things to CPS is crossing the line...there's no reason for that bull..I'd sue!

Anne 8102's picture

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here went through a similar thing. Definitely do this.

~ Anne ~

"Adjust on the fly, or you're going to cry."
Steve Doocy, The Mr. and Mrs. Happy Handbook

DW's picture

My husband and I have been married for 15 years. We are true soulmates. He has two children (now both over 30) from his previous married. I have no children from a previous marriage, nor do I have children with my husband. The problem is my husband's exwife (who has been married to her husband for appx. 12 years) continues to want to be a part of our lives. They had a very nasty and bitter divorce so my husband wants nothing to do with her (and neither do I). We have had to see her and have been cordial to her when family events require it (marriage of both children). Now my husband's children (my stepchildren) are having children. The ex wife and children expect all of us to get together for birthday parties, christenings, etc. The ex also continues to try to communicate with my hubands siblings and mother. Even though she wanted nothing to do with them when she was married to my husband. We wish to be cordial and civil with her and her husband, however, we don't want to be around them at numerous occasions and want our children to understand it. Even though they are now married, they still don't understand why we don't want to be around their mother. Does anyone know of a website that has this in black and white so that maybe the children can see in writing that we are not dislike their mother, we simply do not want to be around her?