You are here

cheap and selfish BM

byebyebirdie's picture

no matter how many times the BM does this it always blows my mind.... every time she buys skid a gift she takes it back for herself in 2 weeks. basically BM disguises this gift by putting SD name on the tag SD opens and then two weeks later BM has it in her possession.
this is just so awful to me... who does that???
recently BM got skid 2 theme park tickets for her b day and said one is for her to bring a friend and then she told SD she should take her little brother as her friend... sounds fun hey .... so basically SD got a "gift " that entire family gets too....
this crap just makes me really shake my head.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Same here, kind of. BM will buy her DH a new video game system, computer, clothes, what have you, and the skids get his hand me downs.

SS8 came back from BM's all excited after Christmas. Apparently, BM had bought her DH a new GameBoy 3D or whatever the Hell it is, and SS8 got his old GameBoy for Christmas. Nice, MOTY.

SS14 came to our house once in the jeans that were about 3 sizes too big. He said his SF had gotten all new clothes, and passed his down to SS14. Nice.

byebyebirdie's picture

i just can not ever see me doing that to my bio or even to my skid. ever ... some people are suchs jerks.
my skid once got a viedo game system for xmas and after she opened it was became the "family" gift.... every single year her mom has taken back whatever she gets for xmas in some way shape or form... i tell you what if i was SD and BM asked me what i wanted for b day or xmas i would say "well what would your like this year mom?" i would be so cocky if i was her and it would be worth a slap.

ocs's picture

LOL-
mine takes SD's clothes and wears them... Things we give her- NICE things...and gives SD the old ones she doesn't want.

I stopped the day I saw BM wearing an amazing hoodie I gave SD for Xmas. then I started to give very specific gifts that related to a specialized hobby she has. BM can do nothing with it.

Now SD gets nothing, but that's a WHOLE other discussion...

byebyebirdie's picture

omg that would piss me off.. BM is a lot larger so she cant wear skids clothes yet anyway thank god cause i would never buy any. althought i have seen her wear clothes she squeezes into... not a pretty site.

SMof2Girls's picture

I couldn't imagine taking gifts back for myself .. but I can see the tickets thing a little more. If SD still has fun with whoever goes, I don't see the big deal.

I mean, for DH's birthday, I buy him tickets/trips all the time .. and I totally enjoy accompanying him }:)

byebyebirdie's picture

but she said she should take her little brother as her "friend" i would be ok with tickets too if she can take a real friend cause that is what her mom said when she gave them to her and now she said her brother should be that friend.....

SMof2Girls's picture

I agree with you .. you shouldn't give the kid a choice of a "friend" and then dictate who that "friend" is. I was just saying that sometimes group activities are still fun for our skids even if they are birthday-related.

I wasn't disagreeing with you Smile

Kilgore SMom's picture

I don't know whats worse getting something and then having to share it or not getting anything. Which is what our BM and her family does nothing.

tryingmom's picture

Skids receive money from BM for birthdays and holidays. She puts it in a safe place, then it is never seen again. :jawdrop: Why bother giving them gifts at all???