You are here

violent fit-throwing teens anyone?

sammysgirl's picture

my "stepson" lived with his dad when i met him. he lived with dad because mom would not put up with him "ever again" the child would not bathe, get off the computer, say please or thank you without a fight. when daddy tried to change this behavior he would throw a temper tantrum, cut himself, burn himself, jump into bushes, runs away in his underwear and wanders in the walmart parking lot in the rain, he hits his dad, pushed me down..... ugh.. all that said. he threw one final fit. took some tylenol got hospitalized and everything was forgiven. throwing fits gets you forgiven in this family. his mother took him back -- so i have not seen him in months but again he is starting to see his dad again, since dad got a powerboat. already he is taking batteries out of my remote when i tell him not to, and he put a pin in the side of my truck - i dont want him in my truck again. i dont want to be around him - but his dad is thrilled we are talking again. i am frightened. anybody help? he is happy now but he is doing these little nasty things to me and i am afraid they will get worse. up late at night worrying about the weekend when i will see him again. trying to figure out how to avoid it and not ruin my relationship with dad. ugh

LizzieA's picture

Speak to a counselor about him. He sounds like he has some kind of mental illness. Or is plain evil. sociopath. My SD used to do that before I met DH. The poor parents were clueless but I really believe she is bi-polar (rages).
You can also look up personality disorders to get more info -- borderline, narcissism, histrionic.

sammysgirl's picture

i think i will have to talk to a professional. do you think it would be a good idea to discuss this stuff with ss counselor?

ADD is the current theory of his problems. i think from what i read that sociopath sounds more like it. parents are sure its just ADD. i think its a sugar coated theory for parents who cant hear the truth. is there some kind treatment for sociopath antisocial disorder?

he is really into this group called "furries" they are people who like to dress like animals and some (a very few) even have sex with animals. he thinks having sex with dogs is ok but claims he doesnt do it anymore. "furries" is his LIFE - everything. he doesnt care about his parents or anyone else. he is really nice to his sex partners, but if he finds someone else he "loves" he drops them to be with the main squeeze. he is sexual in front of me with his partners.

his parents are tired. worn out. its a constant battle with him. his dad has to work a lot of overtime just to pay the doc bills. $10,000 for the last fit. his dad knows there is a problem but doesnt think its as bad as i do.

ugh - its the weekend again! dad just alerted me that ss is a little depressed which means he is more than a little depressed and probably on his way to the next fit. he was not allowed to go to a "furrie" get-together last weekend and his mood keeps going downhill from there.

its nice to vent to you all thanks

herewegoagain's picture

My son is also adhd and does not do these things...sounds like a brat that gets his way when he does these things..

startingover2010's picture

exsd did some pretty fucked up things to me during my 5yr stephell adventure.

just to name a few (not in chronological order):

1. tried to hold a pillow over my face.
2. told her school i beat her to have me sent to jail and her to bm's.
3. told me daily she wanted me dead and would stab me. when i was preggers she told me she would punch me in the uterus and make my baby fall out.
4. pissed infront of our bedroom door because it was locked all night.

there was so much more. but, my advice basically is to go to professionsla (therapists, police, child welfare) and state your case and fears. if all else fails, i would leave, as u are definatly NOT SAFE there with your ss. and your dh is, pardon me, an idiot for ignoring it.

save yourself.

sammysgirl's picture

daddy did not even think to call the police. it sort of snuck up on him i think. like the frog in the pot. also it was the first time he hit me and claimed it was an accident. he is very very smart and ususally doesnt do something unless he can get the "benefit of the doubt" going for him. i was so shocked i did not call the police - but if it happens again - I WILL.

you know that the threatening acts are enough to call the police in -- if she throws a fit and threatens to hit you - the police will still be happy to make a report.

how long do you have to keep these "kids" around? cant you kick them out once they get out of high school? i think a little reality would be good for them. they never seem to feel the effects of their behavior in a meaningful way. they are protected by the love and blindness of the parents. and also i think the weariness of the parents. its a constant battle. i am so glad he lives with his mom again. i am sure i would have left his dad already if he lived there.

do you still have the 20 year old with you?

sammysgirl's picture

ref above: when i say "doesnt do something" i mean the nasty little stuff he can do to me. I call a spade a spade so he has to figure out a way to do it without being caught. the rest of the time he is quite free with his bad behavior and doesnt care what happens.

maybe because he knows nothing will happen.