You are here

Teenage SS problems

run3jrt's picture

I am new to the forum but I have been viewing posts as a guest for several weeks and finally decided that become a member. I am so frustrated and I could really use some guidance. Let me preface this by saying that I do not have any biological children by choice. I have been engaged for 5 years. I refuse to get married until my fiance's kids are all over 18 (this is another story). We do live in the same house and have for the last 4 years. We do not have any problems in our relationship except for.....yeah you guessed it....his idiot KIDS!!!!! I will only bring up one kid at this point because that is the one causing all the issues. His 17 year old son is with us and has been for 3 years. My issue is that he is irresponsible, doesn't work hard at anything including school, wants some sort of freedom (like he doesn't get enough of that) and apparently doesn't see any consequences for his actions. WE have caught him with marajuana twice of course both times he said it wasn't his. So he also lies. I am tired of taking up for this kid. I have paid for tutors for school but he still gets failing grades. I have tried to help him, I have not tried to replace his mother (a story in itself)...I think I have done more than enough. Now I am tired of him breathing my air and I want him out of my house. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to cope with the anger, disappointment, frustration that I am feeling without sacrificing my relationship with my fiance? I would really appreciate some advice or help. Thanks.