SS15

AZmomOF5's picture

Okay, How do I suss out the truth?? I was told by a family friend that they suspect that shirt I was away (I am a travel nurse) that my SS sexually abused the dog...

That apparently SS was letting the dog hump his leg, and when asked WTF he said that the dog likes it so he lets join do it. Then later that week my dog developed an issue where his penis got "stuck" in the extended position, and had been fine at bedtime but was stuck the next morning. That friend asked DH who is bio dad if he thought that SS would do that and was told no. DH told me that it happened when the dog was humpping friends dog, but friend tells me that her dogs slept in her room that night and that my dog slept in SS room. Was fine at bed time but not in the morning. 

I'm sick thinking about this, as I have a DS3 with DH and now we are back from my assignment and if SS abused the dog he would probably abuse my DS. 

Advice??

Rags's picture

Get this kid to a therapist.  The therapist will dissect the kid and highlight issues.  

For sure, do not risk your 3yo for a second.  Sexually abusing animals?  If that is even a remote possibility I would get this kid the hell out of my house and away from my pets and my toddler.

tog redux's picture

Consult with the vet before you accuse the kid of THAT - per google, it's a medical condition.

susanm's picture

I have to go with Tog here too.  Teenage boys are well-known to be gross when it comes to stuff like this.  There is a gulf the size of Jupiter between that and abusing a toddler.  Unfortunately the "Oprah culture" has led to everyone jumping to the conclusion that children are in danger of being sexually abused if their helicopter parents look away for half a second.  The hysteria really has gotten out of control.

tog redux's picture

Agreed. My dog humps people's legs because he's trying to dominate them. Maybe if SS knew that, he wouldn't allow it.

beebeel's picture

Anyone hear of neutering? Jesus. Sure, dogs like humping other dogs sometimes even after neutering, but all of this could have been avoided.

Yes, he needs to see a vet. Excessive humping of humans is not good. If he's been allowed to be a "humpy" dog he can injure himself exactly like this.

Unfortunately, if you have allowed him to hump people for long (years), even neutering him might not work at this point because your dog is now a chronic masturbater. 

It makes ME sick that this dog has been displaying this behavior for (how long?!?) and you have done nothing about it.

SteppedOut's picture

My FEMALE dog does this as a way of domination to some people. She is fixed. Now, I (or the people it happens to) do not allow it (like OP's skid).

But it is not necessarily do to with anything the OP did or did not do.

tog redux's picture

My neutered male does it too - it's a domination thing, it has nothing to do with sex, really. I read that this condition happens due to excess humping or licking.  So he does need to stop letting the dog hump his leg, for sure.

ETA: When my dog does this, we make him stop. OP, you can make your dog stop doing this, and stop allowing him to stay in SS's room if he won't set limits on it.

AZmomOF5's picture

The dog is neutered... Nice assumption though. And no I do not allow the dog to hump things. I was not home, I was on a nursing contract 1200 miles away for seven mouths with all of my bio kids including the toddler with me. 

I just got home and was informed of this possibility by the house-guest. My SS is a liar as is my husband. So I was trying to find a way to confirm this. The vet now seven months later can not tell that the dog was molested or not.

SS denies allowing dog to hump him. I'm not seen the dog hump anything recently. Yep he tries to hump other dogs when they come to the house to try to dominate them.

Yep it's gross. But no I did not allow my dog to just go around humping the crap out of things.