You are here

Put on my big girl panties today...I reached out to SD14 against DH's wishes...I am glad I did

WhereDidIPutMyBroom's picture

So, me and my separated DH got into an argument today because he told SD14 that he was "dating" me again, and she was pissed. She refused to go and see him for his week, and refused all of his text messages and phone calls. Since we have separated, he has asked me not to contact her. I agreed...but this weekend it got to me. We used to have a really close relationship, and I really miss that. So...I put my big girl panties on and sent her a text message that simply said "I know that I am the last person you want to hear this from right now...but your daddy needs you. And I know you need him". Much to my surprise, she texted me back and told me that she was "glad to hear from me" and that she "has been waiting to hear from me". I told he that I missed her and she responded that she knows that I didn't mean for this to happen. She also said that her dad was at her mom's house and that they were "discussing things" (meaning what to do about SD14 and her recent anger outbursts). I am relieved that she does not hate me. I care very deeply for both of his kids. I am also relieved that he has pulled his head out of the sand and decided to parent his daughter instead of try to be her friend. I did not tell SD14 anything personal...I kept the conversation about her. I have been there for her in some very tough times...and I know that she needs someone to talk to right now. I would feel honored if she would allow me to help her. As for me and DH...who knows. I love him deeply and miss him, but we have a long road ahead of us. Perhaps I can work on my relationship with SD14...without him around....and at the same time work on my relationship with DH. I feel relieved that a window has been cracked...hopefully time can heal our family.