You are here

New Here Too

nokidsofmyown's picture

Hello everyone! I've read over a bunch of posts and looks like everyone with skid teens (do we call them steens?) may be worse off than me. (Mine don't ever get into trouble...(yet)...they just drive me NUTS!) I probably have a touch of Obsesive Compulsive Personality Disorder too, so I tend to be hard on campers in my house, but that's how I stay sane. I say this because I keep a neat, tidy and clean household. It makes me feel good and allows me to be productive. My husband's kids however live with a BM who does not clean, cook, or even discipline much. The youngest (daughter) will probably end up in a lot of trouble because she sasses everyone. The middle girl is the snarkiest b*&^h I've ever met in my life (chances are, I was probably like her when I was her age). The oldest (a boy) is perfectly easy to get along with, but he's allergic to the EVERYTHING and is anemic. He only eats french fries and onion rings and is neurotic about most everything. (Actually the oldest too are pretty neurotic but the son is the worst.)

Of course, I don't discipline and feel that is their father's job, but he ZONES OUT all the time and never even hears them calling his name. (I've made myself get used to it by doing the same thing.)

The kids aren't bad in the way that they do anything horrible (yet), but they have no discipline, they bicker about everything and they don't have any life skills. (They didn't know how to wash dishes or laundry until they started coming to my house.) I generally find them unpleasant to be around altogether and I never find the middle daughter pleasant to be around at all, (she either complains about everyone and everything, picks on people, blames others for her mistakes or just talks CONSTANTLY about nothing! Is it any wonder her father zones out?!)

The youngest is just a rebellious whiner. She's full of sass and seems to get away with it all the time. She's also a horrendous NARC! She calls her mom all the time and gives her the play-by-play of everything that goes on here. (ie. Hey mom...yeah...we ate a TON of chips and dip for dinner! YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME!...blah, blah, blah...)

So that's me and my gripe...they just drive me nuts and I don't know how to handle it. I finally got my husband to realize they are here to spend time with HIM not me and that I DO NOT BABYSIT! Some days it just seems like none of them are the sharpest tool in the shed and if I try to help...all hell breaks loose, but if I don't and complain about it afterward (like using a dirty rag to wash dishes with)...It's then ALL MY FAULT because they use rags at home to wash dishes with...yeah, right...they wash dishes at home! Mom takes them to 3 different fast food restaurants for dinner! Are they washing food containers and hording them?

UGH!