You are here

how dose every one else deal with ss

antm's picture

antm on Tue, 10/12/2010 - 1:03pm.
hi im ant im new to this.I have a ss who has just hit teenage yrs he has started lying,hes lazy,and dosnt do anything with out been told and then he only dose it half assed. On top of that he ran away last nite and told his auntie that i had a argument with him and i thretend to knock him out which i never had an argument with him at all i just asked him to do his chours then he asked to go out n isaid ok to and then he run off so were he got the hole i thretend to knock him out from i will never no! any way how dose everyone else deal with there step kids as im at a lost end? Sad

ThatGirl's picture

I'm sorry to hear he's giving you a hard time! It's hard when they tell lies about you, but I'm sure his Aunt sees it for what it is and that his Father will back you up on it. I think it's important that his Father talk to him and let him know that this sort of behavior is not OK, rather than just sweeping it under the rug. If he doesn't nip it in the bud now, it will only get worse!

wriggsy's picture

Welcome on board!!

The lying does tend to be an attention getting action. Some kids want so much attention that even negative attention will do. It sucks big time. My SD has said such horrible things that her AM (adoptive mom) was ready to call child protective services on me. I've been in her life for a little over 10 years now and the lies keep coming. Luckily, my husbands family is starting to believe "my side" of the story since they are being subjected to other lies that she is getting caught in. And to be honest, his family were the only people I was concerned about believing her lies. What made matters worse (for me) is that SD would lie to favorite aunt (husbands family) and aunt would try to make her feel better by buying her things. So, SD saw this as a reward to her bad behvior.
SD: "Favorite Aunt, Wriggsy called me FAT"
FA: "Poor SD...let's go buy you a couple new outfits to help forget the pain".

No...I never did call the child fat, no, I never drug the child up the stairs by her hair and slammed her into a wall, no, I haven't done any of the horrible things that she has said. Am I perfect? Absolutely not...

The only thing I can say is to be stong. Always let SS know that lying is not an option (that doesn't always help either!) But, stand strong in demanding honesty. Every time....

antm's picture

thanx me n my wife are a united front always which dose help a lot.we are a bit annoyed at the auntie as all she is doing is makin it ok for him to run away she should of put him in her car and returned him home,even his bf said he has to come bk and its his sister that he went to.just need other peeps advice on the subject.this site is great thanxs again

antm's picture

its nice to be able to talk to peeps who no were your coming from.the worst bit is we have a 6yr old daughter who likes to copy her big brother. so we end up with a 6yr old teenager as well.its sad to hear everyone elses stories to. Smile