You are here

Step parent

Cinnamon12's picture

So glad I found this site...

hello so I’ll get straight to it this is my first relationship with my boyfriend and my boyfriend has a 6year old son I don’t have any children yet my boyfriend lives at my house and his son lives with the mother far out so the kid visits once in a while since being in this relationship the kid came to visit twice the first visit was horrible first off because the mother just through the kid on my boyfriend just because she knew he found a woman and is in a serious relationship so she hurry and through the kid on him at this time me and my boyfriend was only together for like 2months so I was not at prepared for seeing a kid because I will still getting to know my boyfriend so anyways the kid stayed for two horrible weeks he was sweet and all but the little boy is hyper all he does is jump and hop around I wasn’t used to that hyper business and on the other had the kid was very interfering when me and my boyfriend would try and lay down he wants to jump right in the middle as if he does it purposely the kid touched my boob while sitting in front of his father so I spanked him on his hand not hat I wanted to it was my reaction and I let his father know that’s not cool at all so became annoyed at this point like my boyfriend had work so I was watching him and I feel like it was all rushed on me on the other hand the kids worthless mother packed him a bag full of small little clothes that just pissec me off from the jump to see how worthless a mother could be so going on with the story a year later my boyfriend and I are still going strong at this point the kid is back st his mother but months later we drive down to pick the kid up me thinking I will have a change of heart for the kid thinking maybe the kid was going through a phase so go pick the kid up and now it’s the same thing seems like the hyper ness has gotten I’m even thinking this kid has ADD like I like that the kid can play by himself but when he plays it’s a whole bunch of jumping screaming shouting and just ridiculous annoying the kid is rude he doesn’t listen he eats like a hog like literally his greedy ness will have you thinking the mother starved him eats eats nasty no type of training my boyfriend thinks it’s okay which pisses me off another thing is the kid is needy he would see that it’s sleeping time and wants to hop in the middle and. I tell my boyfriend no put him in his bed I don’t mean to be rude I just can’t waut till he goes back I love the kid and everything but he annoys the life out of me I love my boyfriend so much I see a future with him but when the kid is around it makes me just want to leave the relationship it’s too much what should I do how should I handle this? Sorry for the long story lol please help  

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Sorry, but I couldn't read this wall of print. White space and paragraphs would really help.

Areyou's picture

If you can’t stsnd his kid it’s better to leave the relationship. Many have done that. It doesn’t mean you are a bad person.

marblefawn's picture

You should at least use some periods in your posts! But I did make it the whole way through.

Dating is a time when you test the waters to see if you're compatible. Maybe you can't stand his drinking or his messy house so you pitch him. But if you marry him, you can't really expect anything other than a lot of drinking and a messy house.

Some of us can be trained not to be messy or not to drink so much. But that kid is never going anywhere. The writing is on the wall, it's up to you to read it. I say bail now, but I hate kids.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

I love my boyfriend so much I see a future with him but when the kid is around it makes me just want to leave the relationship it’s too much

You need to realize that, at any time, your boyfriend can have 100% custody of son.

6 months and living together. You love a child you don't like and barely know... This doesn't sound ideal for you. Do yourself and find a boyfriend who has no children.

Rags's picture

And periods!!  Punctuation helps the reader.

If you don’t like how this kid behaves remember that your BF is his parent and this kid’s behaviors are a direct reflection of your BF’s abject failure as a parent.

If you marry this guy.... don’t breed with him.  After all his current behaviors as a parent are the most likely the predictor of how your own child(ren) will turn out.

Good luck.

Lisajm47130's picture

I didn't know you had to be grammatically correct to post on this site and ask for help! 

Rags's picture

No one said you had to be grammatically correct to post or ask for help. What was said regarding grammar and punctuation was that  white space and punctuation helps the reader understand the post and read it comfortably.

Those who don't care enough to write in an intelligable fashion are not going to get the same focus that those who make an effort to communicate effectively are going to get.

I read the entire OP, but it was painful.  Others read it too and even commented on the OPs situation.  No one was criticizing, we were only asking for some consideration from the person asking for help to help us help them.