You are here

Family Wedding Plans Gone To ****

AJouney's picture
Forums: 

We planned on attending my bf's cousin's wedding this weekend. It will be a Shi Lankan wedding. Shopping was fun, but pricey. We all bought the proper attire and the girls (6&4) are very excited to go to the their first wedding. They absolutely love their princess dresses. We are all matching as well. Oh what fun, until today.

My baby got a text from his ex saying that she has plans, and we can not have the girls. :jawdrop:
He if piping mad right now. I have never seen him so angry with her. She was aware weeks ago. She always asked for him to spend more time with them. When we can, we do. What is going on in her head?

My advice to him is to play it two ways. One way is to pretend he didn't get the text and move forward. Speak the the girls everyday as always as if the plans are the same. In other words, play stupid until the very end. Let her break the news to the girls. Let her explain why they can't come. The oldest will never forget this and she will have to live with that. Secondly, he could inform the kids that they can not come and we will be taking the dresses and shoes back to the store. The will be very upset and emotional. The mother will need to deal with this. If she had a problem with it...she should have said no. We would never have put them through all of this.

I does not make sense to keep these Saree's and shoes that they will never wear again.

What would your advice be on this matter?

Orange County Ca's picture

This is why a strict visitation order is important. Any deviation from it should be documented by at least a email but frankly if its her time per the order then its her time.

Personally I'd go the ignorant route. Let them cry and scream at her house and know who the monster is.

Brandy1179's picture

I agree with Orange County, i think its best to play stupid and let the BM deal with the aftermath, maybe she'll think twice about switching plans last minute