You are here

Visitation

elizabethz's picture

We have my step daughter every other weekend and one night every week. Is it terrbile if I don't want her any other time. I look forward to our weekends with out her. I don't want her here then. I feel terrible for feeling this way but I just prefer her not to be here.

StickAFork's picture

It will only be a problem if your BF wants to see his daughter as much as possible.

Then, I can guarantee, it will eventually become a huge issue in your relationship.

blueness's picture

If you can explain and talk to your significant other how important it is to you to have the time without her and he responds well, then it shouldn't be a big deal. I feel that way too, but we are on the same page with it, so we are able to compromise about it. The best thing to do though is to talk about it and be honest. Keeping it inside will only make it worse, and also keep in mind that there may be times you have to compromise and have her other times than you're supposed to.

Orange County Ca's picture

See a marriage counseler. You'll be amazed at the insight and tools a good one can give to your problem. Within a month of weekly visits you should be well on your way towards dealing with this and he should have joined in by then. Within two months you should be ready to go it without further counseling.

If you don't see progress quickly find another counseler and don't get roped into long term sessions as in over 8 or 9 weekly. Before that you've found a new counselor or solved the problem.

If at the end you just can't stand the fact that he not only slept with another woman but cared enough about her to have a kid then cut your losses and move on. Without being crude how virginal were you when you met him?