You are here

Not the ex.. But the MIL

Smj1's picture

Just curious of others opinion.

My Mother-in-law is constantly openly talking about my husbands ex. They dated for 6 months and have NO children together. We have been together for almost 6 years and you would think it would have faded out by now but it's still a continual habit for her. His ex is 28 and she is 52, the MIL and ex did not know each other before they dated for that short time. She continuously hangs out with her, inviting her to the wine nights she host's with her friends and such. This is nothing new but even from the beginning before I knew this, I would invite her to hang out with me, cook, shop..etc..all things we both like but she never has taken me up on the offers. She's never tried to hang out 1 on 1 and declines every invitation I give her. Not to mention, I'm never invited to anything she is doing. There is no effort, wich is fine, I've excepted it But she constantly hangs with the ex.there is always pictures posted and talk of how much fun it was. We have never had any problems with each other. Her son is great, he's taken care of and happy. anyone else find this odd?

notasm3's picture

Just tell her to f off. If your MIL is hung up on someone that your ex dated for 6 months with no children - she is a ridiculous a**hole. Let her spend time with the ex.

Ignore the whore. Do not ever invite her to anything.

VicLee's picture

My DD would say Toxic MIL is trying to mind f--- you. Don't engage her in anything ever again. She is one messed up person to do all that. If u do get stuck around her, start talking about that fabulous boyfriend you had with the sweetheart mother of his that you are still friends with. You are probably nice. I was. It was at first not natural to bite back but you will learn to. Neanderthals have to be bludgeoned over their theoretical heads to "get It." Make more friends and do more caring things for yourself so u think of her less.