You are here

I've had it

weightedworld's picture

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost 3 years. We entered the relationship with his and mine and now we have the his, mine, and ours. He has a girl who just turned 6. I have a 7 yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl as well. They are a month apart. Together we have a almost 2 year old and a 10 month old. Our relationship started very well all kids were treated equal and accepted. He has his daughter every other weekend and I have my kids 50/50 same days during the week/alternating weekends.
Our relationship started to head down hill and fast. When he would get upset he would put his daughter on a pedostile and parade her around. Not literally, obviously but she wouldn't get in trouble for things that my two would, she would get things and my two wouldn't, my two were under strict rules but none of them applied to his. My kids would even ask why does she when they can't. 
My boyfriends sister lived with us for a short period and talked to me about this behavior that was going on as she was noticing it as well - speaking of her brother and her niece. The sound of her voice was like nails on a chalk board and she literally is the tornado to our weekends, by the time Sunday come around and she left we were all standing there in dismay, hair amess, wondering what the hell just happened. Behaviors include everything big and small, you name it, she did it. 
When our daughter was born, she come parading out of her room one morning telling us about her dream and how she killed the baby. What finally did it for me was my daughter had a baby, which was hers, his daughter came and took it from her, my daughter went to her room and cried, I was so frustrated with the situation, I told my daughter to find something else to play with. Dad heard me and got snarky about it wondering what my true intent was for that comment. His sister came out and told him exactly what happened and was in defense of my daughter. He took the baby from his daughter and gave it back to mine and his daughter began to sob. The tip of the ice berg. She is starved for attention and has to be the star of the show for anyone who is around whether she knows them or not and will raise her voice until all eyes are on her. At her mothers house, she is the youngest and has two older brothers who treat her as a princess just as mother and all of her friends do. She was slow with her speech when I met her at 3 yrs old and I've seen videos of her hitting dad and it is laughed upon. As her speech was progressing and she was able to start forming words she would literally tell dad completely off and say things I would NEVER stand my children to say to me, but he would act as if he was not sure of what she saying and not say anything.

We ended up splitting up when I was 6 months pregnant with our son. I found a house in a residing town and all the kids thrived. Our relationship even thrived. We got along better at my home. I asked from the begining that he not bring his daughter to my home. He would take our daughter for a couple hours on the weekends he had her so that they could spend somet time together. 

Our relationship got to he point where we were doing really good, everyone was doing really good. We discussed getting back together and we talked about his daughter and the issues that were previously a big deal. We agreed that it would be best to try things out before we moved into anything too fast. He started bringing his daughter around and at first I had A LOT of resentment and found it very hard but powered through and was working on our relationship. 

He changed jobs which gave him more free time and time to spend with the kids. Our son was born and I switched jobs myself. The house I had rented in the meantime was too small so I was in the market for getting a larger home. We discussed it and decided that we were going to move in together. For the first 2 months things were going really good. The behaviors from his daughter were still there to a point but had gotten tolerable. Boyfriend doing very well at not picking sides and doing behaviors that were done before. 
We have now entered the down hill slide with vaseline. The behaviors returned with a vengence. We live in a highly populated area of other kids. When she is visiting on the weekends the other kids will not play with her and will make it a point to let her know she is not welcome. They will flat out tell her she is a brat or she is mean and they are not playing with her. You look around and see all these kids playing together including my own and then there is her all by herself. She has become violent with our daughter who does not speak but a few words but she will scream when she is hurt by her. I have caught her pulling her hair fighting with her over a toy. If I am outside I can hear my son yelling at her to stop repeatedly and when I go in to investigate he says that she is pushing him/hitting him/ect. She will not do the behavior in front of anyone. I have tried to be sneaky to see if I can catch her in the act and there is this twinge in her eyes and when you make youself present she will literally jolt her body to attention and get the 'oh crap' look on her face and quickly find something to do. 
My feelings have returned full force to the resentment, cannot stand, and no longer want her a part of me and mine as she is such a disruption. On weekends that she is there that my kids aren't for whatever reason I find myself occupying myself with work or other things so that I do not have to be around. I feel like I want to crawl out the door of my own home, from my own kids, just because she is there. 
This last weekend topped the cake. We were having my daughters birthday party so we were getting prepared for the family coming over. The previously stating situation with the hearing my son yell at her to stop occured. Me and her dad walked in the house and my son tripped her to get back at her for pushing and hitting him. My boyfriend lost it and freaked out on my son for being mean to her. I was so infuriated, I was shaking, I walked right up to his daughter who was crying but had a delighted look on her face watching this all occur and I did the exact same thing to her. 
Boyfriend stood there in shock, he then asked me if I was done with my behavior. It took all I had to not march up the stairs and wipe out her entire existance to my home. I refrained as I did not want to disrupt the day any further with the birthday party and told him I was done, I would expect the same out of him, and it sucks to watch such a behavior doesn't it.
I told him that we would talk about it later, knowing full well he wasn't going to like what I had to say about it, he fell asleep before we had a chance to speak so we talked this morning. 

I told him flat out that she was no longer welcome in my home. I was not asking him to chose and I fully understood if he left as well and I was okay with it. I can no longer risk the wellbeing physically but most importantly mentally over her. I regret thinking that it could work and we could be better. Had I known what I know now, I never would have gotten involved with him as she is the spawn of Satan. 

I have researched, had conversations, thought long and hard. I have tried to think of different ways to go about it, maybe setting a different schedule with my kids so there wasn't that interaction, but what about our kids, and what about myself. 

You would think one would feel horrible about telling your boyfriend that his kid is no longer welcome into your home but I honestly don't. If I never see that child again I would be alright with it.

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

I wouldn't feel horrible at all. I am riding out my current situation only because SO is handling it well enough. But that's only because I already had that point where you are at now and told him to straighten up or get out. He goes to counseling to work on things so I keep hanging in because he is trying.

I have made many compromises, but one I will not make is allowing his kids behavior to come before my kids mental health and well being. If there comes day when he cannot keep his in line and effects my child being able to live comfortably in his own home. Well, there's the door.

What SO fails to realize yet is if he does choose OSD, he will lose YSD because she recognizes her sister is mean and abusive.

weightedworld's picture

There are issues that we are not fully aware of that go on in her moms home that we cannot prove. We recently contacted DHS with *21* concerns over her and nothing was founded. Long story short she has an extensive history with her older two boys and their dad and DHS and it's been learned that the oldest boy will lie for her and she will reward him with extravegant trips to lie for her when DHS is in the home. So dad feels bad because she is growing up with whatever is happening at home with mom and so he tries to give her that extra highly negative attention vs correcting the behavior. I get that to a point but I think enough has been done and after conversations with him he is aware of her behaviors and has even told me how he feels about them but he doesn't know how to handle it. She is spitting imagine of her older brothers malipulative behaviors but beings shes a girl I think it is to a whole new level. 

He has even said himself that he is glad and feels so much better when she goes back to her moms. His dad and siblings have always made what seemed to him to be rude and inappropriate comments about her being a brat and they don't care to be around her themselves and since his job change he has even said that he understands what they mean now and he can't believe he did not see it before. Me and his mom are no longer on speaking terms because of her and the behaviors. Grandma Bear (split from bfs dad) is on a whole nother level than Papa Bear. 

HELLLOOOOO!!

But now we regress back to previous behavior on Dads part. 

Just done.

weightedworld's picture

He had her over Thanksgiving and we got together on my side of the family. In front of my entire family she began to hit him and he was quietly trying to tell him to stop. I did not grow up like that and the looks on my families faces were utter shock. I told her to find herself in a time out on the couch and told her that she did not hit her dad like that. She sat on the couch and quietly cried until she was able force herself to puke all over my parents couch, floor, and table. My mom left the room she was so upset. 

tog redux's picture

I totally understand your frustration, and I think you have to protect yourself and your kids. I can't help but feel sorry for this little girl, though, who is on a terrible path in life and with neither parent really caring enough to try to turn it around. But it's not your job, and you have 4 other kids to think about. Seems like this troubled girl is going to only get worse, if she's this bad at 6.

weightedworld's picture

The whole situation makes me cringe something terrible. He would like to take her back to court because he feels that if he got more visitation than 4 days a month he could make a positive difference for her but he doesn't have the funding to do so and he isn't getting a dime from me to do it. She made sure to move just far enough out of reach so even 50/50 wouldn't be option because she lives 45 mins away one way. In order to get primary custody rolled over his attorney told him he would ultimately need to prove her to be an unfit mother. Good luck with that because she has all of her surroundings convinced she is wonder mom. Who knows if he would be able to make a difference even if he gained custody of her, I doubt it. I think that he would attempt to put her on me to take care of.

Boyfriend recently received a call from her mom stating that they needed to attend a meeting at the school because she is failing KINDERGARTEN! (I understand everything with COVID but we are rural and have not been affected as much to be affecting school) As far as the teacher is concerned, she does not know her site words, she cannot count, she cannot identify letters and numbers, she is just an overall dumby. Her mom can sit her down at the table and baby talk her into reading and doing whatever videos it and sends it to do dad. 
She is not getting the mind games her mom plays with her at school and so she shuts down and doesn't participate. She just started TALKING at school this year.. she has previously done 2 years of pre-school in the same building just up a room. Me and her dad discussed this and are at least on the same page. Unfortunately he doesn't have the balls enough to state this when he attends this meeting so the issue will be drug out longer than even necessary. I can only imagine a para sitting with her baby talking her through how to count to 10. *eye roll* 

weightedworld's picture

I was heard but not being listened to. I will have an extra visitor in my home. 

Dillema.. I will have my two and our two for Christmas. Her mom is throwing a fit and keeping her for the holiday. Stating he can get her on the weekend starting Friday evening as normal. My two go to their dads Christmas day. There will be no time together until I get them back on Sunday at 12p. She goes home on Sundays by 6p. 

He wants to wait to do Christmas with the kids until everyone is there on Sunday. Sounds all fine and dandy except for one problem.. I don't want her there to begin with and secondly I don't want to mess up and extend my Christmas out with my kiddos while I have them to accomodate her being around.

I've made myself more than clear to him. I told him if he wants to ignore the issue, I'll be the bad guy in the end when he I demand he take her out of the house when shit hits the fan again because there are no more straws. 

I feel kind of dumb writing this on here but some feed back is greatly appreciated.. I know I should just kick both their asses to the curb and be done with it.. in the meantime how do I handle my current situation. I have no feelings on how well her Christmas is or isn't and I don't want to change me and mine given I have my kids. 

Merry's picture

I would not make my kids wait for Christmas gifts to accommodate his kid. If your BF is going to be a pouty baby about it, he can go somewhere else while your kids open their gifts. But then he'll miss

It's just a reality that children with parents living separately will have separate events. I don't understand why people try to make an awkward schedule when all they have to do is treat the situation matter of factly. "Honey, you'll open gifts at Mommy's on Christmas, and then again on Sunday when you're with Dad."

Get through the holiday and then figure out what you're going to do. Your current situation isn't healthy for anybody, including you and your kids.

SteppedOut's picture

This.

No way in hell should your kids have to wait for CHRISTMAS (which is probs the most exciting day in a kid's year). PARTICULARLY when his kid is awful to them.

Time to throw this fish back to the sea...he's not fully grown. And he is carrying some rotten baggage with him. He is not going to change and neither is she. 

weightedworld's picture

I told him that after some thinking I wasn't going to act as if the day wasn't happening and I planned on opening presents with my kids he was a little upset about it but said he wasn't going to argue with me about it. 

Asked that our kids don't open all of theirs so they could open some with his daughter as well so she is not doing it by herself. 

I forgot about the portion where I was suppose to care in there... 

Opinions? 

SteppedOut's picture

This guy is a freakin tool. No. Do not make you kids wait to open some of their presents. 

ETA: I agree with above poster....skid will probably enjoy being the only one opening. 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

And do not make the other kids sit around and watch Bratzilla open presents. Daddeeee can be an audience of one.