You are here

I am so sick of this!!!!! Can't one day be happy! He's such a jerk!

Not Easy Being Green's picture

Why can't I have any rights in this house? I'm an adult, who pays the bills and works full time...I have a child too. So if there is something that bugs me, or is grating on my every nerve, why am I treated like I'm a complete B&*()?
I want to scream! I always end up sitting by myself in a room with the doorshut--because he allows those kids to run in and out of the house ALL day long--slamming the door, running up and down the stairs, running through the house, running in to the kitchen slamming the fridge door, getting into food and not putting it away. He lays on the couch watching some game on tv, and in a quiet voice asks them what they're doing...wth?
If I say anything about walking in the house, not running in and out, he'll tell them to stop because it's bugging me. Great! He can't just be concerned his children grow up with knowing they're not the center of everyone's universe, he has to make it about me! it's driving me crazy and I am so sick of hearing his son say no to everything! Put your coat on, no.
wash your hands before dinner--no. It's bedtime--no. Aagh! and his dad then doesn't do a thing. and his son gets his way and looks at me with a smug look on his face. while my son is in bed. I want to pull my hair out!

blendedfamilyinsanity's picture

You are living me life. My FSD cannot do anything herself, and she is almost 8. If I ask her to do anything (which I try my best to not discipline since that's what the books say! EERR) but normal things kids should do: wash your hands before you eat, shower once a day, pick up your clothes, dry off after you get out of the shower, or my favorite BRUSH YOUR HAIR it is always NO NO NO I could pull my hair out sometimes! And I completely believe she does it to purposely to be disrespectful, bccause she knows it bugs me. And he wants to go for full custody....gReAt. I don't know what is worse dealing with his "I want to control everything, insecure BM" or his BRAT kid. God sometimes I just want to get up and leave. Maybe it would be easier. Would I even miss him? Or would they miss me?