You are here

dh stay with his kids beds with them and not ours when they visit

the mum's picture

Last five visits my dh sleeps with his kids. He managed about three hours the most with me on one visit and thinks that I need to sort my head out.

Our daughters first christmas he wakes up early opens presents with his other kids at 5am, trys to wake me. I'm sleeping with the baby as I'm knackered then leaves. I wake up at 8am because baby is crying and his nowhere too be seen. As his asleep in the spare room on our babies first christmas!

But I'm the one that needs to sort it out?

thegoodwife's picture

WRONG, just plain WRONG. His sleeping with his kids only shows they can manipulate him and shows a total disrespect for your marriage. Husbands should sleep with their wives not their kids. The kids need to learn how to comfort themselves and fall asleep in their own beds. Your husband feels guilty but too bad, in the long run he is not doing any favors for his children by giving into them and sleeping with them. They are managing to keep you two apart and no child should have that power.

MamaBecky's picture

Tell him that he has his own bedroom and it is the one he shares with you. It is ok for him to console his children but then he needs to follow that up with a tuck, a kiss on the forehead, and then he needs to leave there room and return to his own.

thegoodwife's picture

this is a common problem on Nanny 911 even among BM & BD. she is firmly against children not having bed time schedules and learning how to go to sleep on their own without mom or dad sleeping with them. This would be a good thing for y/ SK to learn and the consistency of them learning how to sleep on their own at dads & your house will actually provide a routine & make them feel more secure at your home.