You are here

DH Family is nuts

Katie8's picture

So I wasn't going to go to Thanksgiving dinner like I posted last week because I was tired of the inlaws/aunts ect treating my bio son like he didn't exist yet SS walks on water....so two weeks after my bio sons bday is thanksgiving...still no phone calls from Dh's family wishing him a happy birthday...nothing. On thanksgiving it was SS's bday party....and two days before it was his actual bday...they showed up at bm's house took him and her out for lunch to celebrate...you get the picture. So I told DH I was done..I was not going to Thanksgiving dinner at his family's he can take SS and go alone. He called his Mom and sister and got pissed off at them for not calling my son or even bothering with him then asked if I would go with him...for HIM..not them. So fine...I went...was ignored the entire bday party & thanksgiving by them....but here's the weirdest part....in the middle of SS's bday (which by the way my bio kids did not go because they were at their dad's for thanksgiving lunch) they snuck SS inside the house away from all his friends..away from me and his Dad and let him open his gifts..wtf! we were all so confused..that's part of a kids party isn't it?...a couple of gifts were opened then snuck back out to his aunts car because she wanted them to go to bm's house...whatever. They HATED Bm when I met them...now they are all best friends with the crazy bitch. My bio kids got dropped off to me right before Thanksgiving dinner to join us for dinner...not one of them bothered to say hi...they gave my son the half assed...oh..happy birthday..during thanksgiving dinner...I told DH I love him but for my sanity and my kids we will not be attending his family functions...he can go with SS...they win...I quit.

c-mom's picture

THIS^^^ And, if he is any kind of man at all, he will not go either. My DH's family talked non-stop about what a worthless excuse of a human BM is, AND THEN MOVED HER IN ACROSS THE STREET! DH refused to go to their house until she was gone and even quit speaking to them altogether for a while when they tried to start issues between BM and I.

hereiam's picture

My husband's family is nuts, also.

After BM put my husband through hell and his whole family supposedly hated her, my DH's nephew moved in with BM and her boyfriend. My husband was devastated that his own nephew would do this.

We do not have much to do with his family.

Anon2009's picture

I don't blame you for not going. They should show kindness to all the kids. They don't have to love your kids as much as ss but don't have to be mean to your kids. I'm sure a simple phone call would've meant the world to your son.

hereiam's picture

I have no bios for my husband's family to treat like crap but my family has always been good to my SD. It is not hard for decent people to be decent.

Katie8's picture

The bio son is mine with my ex husband ( I have 3 bio kids with my ex and he has one with his ex then we have one together..yep..5 kids total). I don't expect his family to give the same treatment that they would give my SS to my bio kids....BUT...I expect same treatment with the son my husband and I have together....they are both their flesh and blood....but they still don't .

Katie8's picture

The only abusive one is the one they are siding with...BM...she uses her son to try to play him against us...then trys to tell everyone that I'm abusive...because I make him wash his hands...use a Kleenex and yes do chores...just like the other 4 kids who live with me...but instead we get nasty texts/phone calls about how DH made him cry because he had a tantrum (SS not Dh )so he wasn't allowed video games that day....whatever...life would be so much easier with no bm's and inlaws and yes..my step son...I'm the bitch who will admit it....the worst part is my friends refer to him as Damian...the devil child.